Washer Fluid Low Level Warning

I knew the fluid reservoir must be close to needing a top up but I figured I'd wait until it hit the low level warning.
Tried the washers today but after a few seconds of use there was nothing coming out. I'd obviously run out and it dawned on me for the very first time since getting the car, there is no low level warning!
I'm amazed that in a car crammed with complex electronics, a piece of useful but rudimentary functionality such as this has been completely forgotten.
Yeh, discovered this on ZS EV 18 months ago. Unbelievable with all the other tech on these EVs. Dangerous too, if like us you expected it and ran out of fluid in middle of freezing journey.🙈🙈🙈

Theres no excuse for owners not undertaking basic maintenance. I started driving in 1976, it wasn't until 1992 that I owned a car with washer fluid level monitor. So I'm sorry if I'll invoke wrath and everyone is entitled to their opinion and views but really people, checking washer fluid isn't hard. I drove, for work,from Goole to Bristol in the winter in a hire car for a days meeting and by the time I'd reached Rotherham I'd run out of fluid. Simply stopped at the Morrison's fuel station just off the motorway refilled and carried on. No amount of tech would have saved me from having to stop and if you're worried keep a container in the car.

Theres no excuse for owners not undertaking basic maintenance. I started driving in 1976, it wasn't until 1992 that I owned a car with washer fluid level monitor. So I'm sorry if I'll invoke wrath and everyone is entitled to their opinion and views but really people, checking washer fluid isn't hard. I drove, for work,from Goole to Bristol in the winter in a hire car for a days meeting and by the time I'd reached Rotherham I'd run out of fluid. Simply stopped at the Morrison's fuel station just off the motorway refilled and carried on. No amount of tech would have saved me from having to stop and if you're worried keep a container in the car.
So by that account, we don't need % battery or 'miles left' indicated either?

I have owned 3 vauxhalls/opels, a toyota, kia, citroen, and now a leaf and have not had the feature. The leaf does have 'dipstick' though. it's just something I check now and again. I always have a small bottle of washer fluid in the boot just in case I'm caught out whilst out and about. Having said that I understand the point of view of the car having lots of kit, but not something like this. I'm the same with 360 cameras and heated steering wheels. Should be standard kit lol.

Tell us how you do it on the MG5 then.
X-Ray vision.
x-ray comics GIF by Because Science

My 14 year old mini cooper (BMW made) had a low level warning. The switch/float mechanism in the reservoir on these had a habit of going bad and saying the reservoir was empty even when full.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom