Washing the car

Headgas1

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I must admit when it comes to cleaning the car I am lazy and I just pop down the road & pay £6 but now I have an EV can I still do this or is it best to do it myself 🙋‍♂️

Last edited:
Yes you could still use a car wash, there's no technical, electrical reason not to. But doing it yourself and properly will mean you can help keep the paintwork undamaged.

I must admit when it comes to cleaning the car I am lazy and I just pop down the road & pay £6 but now I have an EV can I still do this or is it best to do it myself 🙋‍♂️
I have used the 'hand wash' places a couple of times with no detriment.
Having an EV makes no difference, you can drive in the rain and even go through fords.

As above, the fact it's an EV makes no difference to how you wash it.
The best way to wash it is whole different subject!

I have used the 'hand wash' places a couple of times with no detriment.
Having an EV makes no difference, you can drive in the rain and even go through fords.
Yep your right i guess I was looking for a bit of reassurance as I was worried about water getting into the charging port for example some of those jet washers a pretty powerful so if somebody else has had no issues it gives me confidence to do the same 👍🏻👍🏻

What's this "washing" thing ?
Last time mine was washed was by the dealer at its first service in July. GardX Paint protection and heavy rain does it for me. ;)

However you choose to wash - don't forget to move the wipers into the safe position before you or the attendants try to lift them and scrape the paint from the edge of the bonnet... (Guess how I found this out! 😩)

i wash it with rain water out of the but, seems to shine more and drys without streaks with the soft water.
PMSL :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
mooning.gif

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom