Water sloshing sound behind the dashboard

Joehabib

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hi,

I have a brand new MG HS PHEV (Few months old), lately I've noticed a weird water sloshing sound that is coming from behind the dashboard!!
Does anyone noticed it or checked it out and can tell me if it's normal for this model.
(I don't want to spend hours on the garage to check it our if it's a normal thing).

Thanks

May help.
I had this on my Citroën C3, leaves blocked the drain hole under/side where windscreen wipers are mounted. When the water has no where to go it sloshes about. Got the cover off and blew it out with a compressed air gun.

May help.
I had this on my Citroën C3, leaves blocked the drain hole under/side where windscreen wipers are mounted. When the water has no where to go it sloshes about. Got the cover off and blew it out with a compressed air gun.
Thanks, I'll check it out

Yes I have same noise same place. I notice it when sat in the car waiting with the car turned off. I assume it’s aircon fluid settling. I haven’t asked the dealers yet but it regularly happens.

Had the same once, heard sloshing but not sure where it came from. I found that the drain hole in the front door was blocked and I had power washed the car a few days before.

This may sound a bit strange, but DAB radio, when the signal is weak makes a noise that can sound like water sloshing about. Can I suggest you try using the radio on FM for a week or so to see if the noise goes away?

Hi,

I have a brand new MG HS PHEV (Few months old), lately I've noticed a weird water sloshing sound that is coming from behind the dashboard!!
Does anyone noticed it or checked it out and can tell me if it's normal for this model.
(I don't want to spend hours on the garage to check it our if it's a normal thing).

Thanks
I heard similar and I think the DAB radio weak signal is logical. It does disappear when I drive to another location. Strange sound though.

well, I tired to listen to it again, it doesn't happen all the time but once in a while.
I don't use the DAB radio since it's not available in my country.
It's some sort of water (liquid) just behind the steering wheel (dashboard). It's weird... but yes could be air co. liquid, or maybe water after rainy days!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom