Waze and What 3 Words. Yes ? No?

ajw1100

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hello brainy people.

My Android mobile has both What3Words and Waze. I am not having much luck in getting them play together nicely. I found a post link via Google but that only takes me to the Waze login screen, not the post that might help.

Any suggestions kind people?

Thanks Griff. How do you set your destination in W3W? The only option I can see is to set the destination as a W3W location, (which I don't have yet) but not, it seems as a post code. I can set a post code in Waze but cannot find a way to convert this into the W3W format. I am sure there is a way as you suggest but it's beating me! I must be missing something simple here..

How do you set your destination in W3W? The only option I can see is to set the destination as a W3W location, (which I don't have yet) but not, it seems as a post code. I can set a post code in Waze but cannot find a way to convert this into the W3W format. I am sure there is a way as you suggest but it's beating me! I must be missing something simple here.
W3W is a three square metre location. A post code can cover several thousand if not hundereds of thousands of square meters. I'm afraid you are never going to match the two.

You need to tap the W3W square that is your destination. If you only want to use a postcode you don't need to use W3W.

That is what I would like to do, however I am not able to find the destination square without knowing its 3 words. Sort of catch 22.

Open W3W
Zoom out to see a larger area
Move over to your destination
Zoom in until you see squares
Choose one as your destination
Save it
Or You can get the search function by tapping the W3W address box

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel