We buy any car

Keith Harris

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Just a quick heads up guys, just picked up my ZSLR from my local dealer and they have bought my MG5sr I bought from them Jan 2020 15k miles condition as you would expect . We buy any car .com offered me £18,850 for it and my dealer £21500 , Motorway was more to be fair, but don’t forget that was before they saw it so I would think wbac would be down to scrap value by the time they assessed it.
All done and dusted , money in my account within 3 days (over weekend) . So don’t be fooled by WBAC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interested I recently traded my mg5 exclusive for my mg4 got 23000 with 17k 21 plate . About5 weeks ago . Just out of curiosity looked at we buy any car today and it was down to 18350 Don’t know why it’s dropped so much in 5 weeks as even then w b a c offered 21500

The used car market is recovering from the various delays and availability is increasing, meaning prices are dropping back to near normal levels.

I’m not a WBAC fan. Bad customer reports and every time I’ve had experiences with them they have tried to unnecessarily reduce the price, whilst others have paid the original value.
Sounds like you did well.

Bought the Vauxhall Mokka electric last year, bought brand new and paid £30000 but after Gov grant etc only ended up paying £27000. Had for 4 months and got rid of it, poor range, tiny boot and a few other reasons. WBAC offered and gave me £30500 for it so had it for 4 months and made £3500, first and probably only / last time i will ever make money on a car. Now have the ZS EV LR and loving it. :):)(y)(y)

Bought the Vauxhall Mokka electric last year, bought brand new and paid £30000 but after Gov grant etc only ended up paying £27000. Had for 4 months and got rid of it, poor range, tiny boot and a few other reasons. WBAC offered and gave me £30500 for it so had it for 4 months and made £3500, first and probably only / last time i will ever make money on a car. Now have the ZS EV LR and loving it. :):)(y)(y)
Mokka is such a crap car.

The other issue effecting electric cars, is the early electric cars, (Leaf etc.) with sub 100miles range, are dropping like a stone, lets face it a secondhand leaf for £15k was never going to hold up for long as the 150-200mile range EVs start filtering onto the sh market.

Which then starts to drag the whole EV market down with it, so the higher range cars drop, (but not by as much), which further reduces the low range cars, and so on. Basically the general price adjustment that is happening, is further exaggerated for short range EVs.

Interested I recently traded my mg5 exclusive for my mg4 got 23000 with 17k 21 plate . About5 weeks ago . Just out of curiosity looked at we buy any car today and it was down to 18350 Don’t know why it’s dropped so much in 5 weeks as even then w b a c offered 21500
I have used WBAC once it was actually the best price I could get at the time on my wife's Fiat 500 Convertible. One thing I would say though is that if you get a valuation from them and the don't pursue the offer, I guarantee that a if you get a fresh valuation a week or so later, it drops significantly. It's almost as if they think you must now be getting desperate so you'll probably take the lower offer. I think it's just all about that first offer and a timely response.

I have used WBAC once it was actually the best price I could get at the time on my wife's Fiat 500 Convertible. One thing I would say though is that if you get a valuation from them and the don't pursue the offer, I guarantee that a if you get a fresh valuation a week or so later, it drops significantly. It's almost as if they think you must now be getting desperate so you'll probably take the lower offer. I think it's just all about that first offer and a timely response.
Actually, the price on my Kona kept going up.

Having used WBAC, Motorway and most recently Cazoo to sell our MG5, I would recommend Cazoo. I opted for a collection at a cost of £129 on the basis that the person collecting the car just wants to collect and not haggle, which actually proved to be the case. The chap that collected said he's not a tyre kicker and his only role is to collect the car. I sold my Ioniq EV to WBAC in the summer and they knocked me down £150 even though the car was pristine. Still feel I got a decent price though. Valuations vary wildly, which might be to do with how many of your car model they already have in stock to sell at any given point in time. WBAC sell through Cinch (premium used cars) and BCA (auctions for older/less cared for cars) I believe and Cazoo buy and sell through the same branded website. Worth checking out how many of your car model they are currently selling since supply and demand must play a huge part in valuations given online.

Just a quick heads up guys, just picked up my ZSLR from my local dealer and they have bought my MG5sr I bought from them Jan 2020 15k miles condition as you would expect . We buy any car .com offered me £18,850 for it and my dealer £21500 , Motorway was more to be fair, but don’t forget that was before they saw it so I would think wbac would be down to scrap value by the time they assessed it.
All done and dusted , money in my account within 3 days (over weekend) . So don’t be fooled by WBAC

Yebbut these are "trade ins" not outright sales?

You don't actually know what equivalent price you got for the pxs as it's all lost in the deal for the new cars...

Probably due to the facelift model

Last edited by a moderator:
Yebbut these are "trade ins" not outright sales?

You don't actually know what equivalent price you got for the pxs as it's all lost in the deal for the new cars...
We actually I do as there is no discount of the mg4 so the price I got was a true cash price which is unusual as there is normally dealer margin to over allow on the part exchange price.

Really glad to see that people say that demand is decreasing and availability is increasing.

Only problem i have, is that atleast in Denmark, the sellers of used cars does not seem to have gotten the memo, they still ask silly money for used cars.

For example....i was looking for a small petrol car to replace our older small petrol car.

I found one that i liked at the local brand dealer, it is ~4½ years old, and has done 15.000 miles.

Asking price is 85% of the price it cost from new.

I know it is low mileage, but a 4½ year old car, still being put up for 85% of price from new is just simply insane.

I found one that was actually down to 50% of price from new, it was 5 years old, but it had done 166.000 miles.

Back when cars were "priced normally" the 85% would practically be what the car was worth, when it drove of the lot, brand new.

Seems like i will have to wait a few more months and hope the sellers get more realistic, before buying a replacement petrol car.

PS. Prices in % as prices are generally a lot higher here, so stating actual prices would not make sense

Really glad to see that people say that demand is decreasing and availability is increasing.

Only problem i have, is that atleast in Denmark, the sellers of used cars does not seem to have gotten the memo, they still ask silly money for used cars.

For example....i was looking for a small petrol car to replace our older small petrol car.

I found one that i liked at the local brand dealer, it is ~4½ years old, and has done 15.000 miles.

Asking price is 85% of the price it cost from new.

I know it is low mileage, but a 4½ year old car, still being put up for 85% of price from new is just simply insane.

I found one that was actually down to 50% of price from new, it was 5 years old, but it had done 166.000 miles.

Back when cars were "priced normally" the 85% would practically be what the car was worth, when it drove of the lot, brand new.

Seems like i will have to wait a few more months and hope the sellers get more realistic, before buying a replacement petrol car.

PS. Prices in % as prices are generally a lot higher here, so stating actual prices would not make sense
Unfortunately there is going to be a shortage of cars for 2nd hand as there's been over a year of supply issues which has prevented the usual movement of cars through the market.

Also people are retaining older cars longer again removing Cars from the market.

Local 2nd hand dealers near to me in the last had forecourts full of cars now you'll see maybe a quarter of the forecourt with cars and the rest vacant.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom