MG ZS EV Wiki - useful Information

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Hi, how do you set kers 0? I think it is only 1-2-3 but i can have missed something..
Hi all I have a Zs Trophy and have started to notice recently that when kers is set to 3 I used to get about 19% regen braking when you lift off the throttle its now not hitting past 14% at best and it is noticeable as like most owners you get used to the feel of the regen braking

Anybody experienced the same issue or any ideas why it may have dropped?

Hi all I have a Zs Trophy and have started to notice recently that when kers is set to 3 I used to get about 19% regen braking when you lift off the throttle its now not hitting past 14% at best and it is noticeable as like most owners you get used to the feel of the regen braking

Anybody experienced the same issue or any ideas why it may have dropped?
I noticed when the battery is fully charged you hardly get any regen because the battery can’t store the energy. Is it the level of charge affecting the braking?

I noticed when the battery is fully charged you hardly get any regen because the battery can’t store the energy. Is it the level of charge affecting the braking?
Like you I suspected the same but even when I have less than 50% battery it's still seems to be acting up.
When I first got the car I never noticed it.
Maybe into a dealers to have a look at it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like you I suspected the same but even when I have less than 50% battery it's still seems to be acting up
When I first got the car I never noticed it
Maybe into a dealersto have a look at it
That is definitely not right, must be a glitch in the system. So much is software controlled, if it happens again try stopping and shutting down and see if it is still not working after restart.

Driving the MG ZS EV since August 23' and my only ask with the regen breaking is maybe it should be linked to the brake light, drivers who have a tendency to want to get up close and personal with the back of your car have no way of knowing that your car is slowing down considerably when you lift your foot from the brake pedal on KERS 3

On a dark country road close to a hedge you can see the brake lights come on when you lift off but not sure at what level of slowing this happens.

@Davecon1973 I believe it is, depending on the rate of slowing
My faith has been restored :)

On a dark country road close to a hedge you can see the brake lights come on when you lift off but not sure at what level of slowing this happens.
I know need to get my wife to drive and check it out for myself :)

Driving the MG ZS EV since August 23' and my only ask with the regen breaking is maybe it should be linked to the brake light, drivers who have a tendency to want to get up close and personal with the back of your car have no way of knowing that your car is slowing down considerably when you lift your foot from the brake pedal on KERS 3
On my test drive the dealer said that KERS level 3 does engage the brake lights.

On my test drive the dealer said that KERS level 3 does engage the brake lights.
I actually drove behind my wife last week to check this myself that it did not seem to engage the brake light and thankfully I did not drive into the back of the car either :)

On my Gen 1 car it definitely fires up the brake lights when in KERS 3 - no question about it. I check in the rear view mirror and look for road signs on the opposite side on the road - easy to spot.

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom