Well happy šŸ˜

founny1

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Done a few miles locally and am enjoying the car very much. Kicked the ass end out a few times and it's very manageable.

Doing the alton towers run this week so will learn more about the car then.

I know it prefers to be under 80% charge. It just seems quicker.

I was on 98% and the one pedal driving kept saying it was undercharged. And wouldn't activate.

There's still a fair few glitches.

Also deleted the middle headrest. I prefer to see out the back.

Last edited:
Done a few miles locally and am enjoying the car very much. Kicked the ass end out a few times and it's very manageable.

Try out a few Rapid chargers before your trip to see how they work, either with CC, RFID card or via an app.

Try out a few Rapid chargers before your trip to see how they work, either with CC, RFID card or via an app.
Looking at using Ionity Stafford on the way there. 350w chargers. I've worked out I will be on around 50-45% charge left. Will then charge to 80% to get home.

Or Lidl Uttoxeter on the way back. Depends on how much charge is left.

Last edited:
Looking at using Ionity Stafford on the way there.

I had a right carry-on with Ionity Stafford a couple of weeks ago, both coming and going. Got into a loop where every time I tried to start the charge the app threw me back to the screen where I had to enter my bank details again. Things went downhill after that, but in the end I got complimentary electricity out of them!

Charger 2 wasn't working either visit, some story going the rounds about someone having to be released from it with bolt cutters!

My Shell Recharge card wasn't activated, I think if it had been I might have been OK, but trying to get charged through the app was a nightmare. Guy said later in an email that you have to authorise the payment before plugging your car in, but I don't know if that was the problem, I tried all combinations and the helpline didn't suggest that.

Lots of people were managing OK, but on the other hand I wasn't the only person having problems. And they were busy, there was a small queue both times I went. The Starbucks is OK though.

I had a right carry-on with Ionity Stafford a couple of weeks ago, both coming and going. Got into a loop where every time I tried to start the charge the app threw me back to the screen where I had to enter my bank details again. Things went downhill after that, but in the end I got complimentary electricity out of them!

Charger 2 wasn't working either visit, some story going the rounds about someone having to be released from it with bolt cutters!

My Shell Recharge card wasn't activated, I think if it had been I might have been OK, but trying to get charged through the app was a nightmare. Guy said later in an email that you have to authorise the payment before plugging your car in, but I don't know if that was the problem, I tried all combinations and the helpline didn't suggest that.

Lots of people were managing OK, but on the other hand I wasn't the only person having problems. And they were busy, there was a small queue both times I went. The Starbucks is OK though.
Many thanks for your info. Cheers

I was on 98% and the one pedal driving kept saying it was undercharged. And wouldn't activate.

There's still a fair few glitches.
The one pedal driving will be like using regen when there is a full battery, no where for the energy to go so doesn't work properly

Kicked the ass end out a few times and it's very manageable.
Yep, it has quite a good balance of frisky oversteer dialled in, I always make sure the road is deserted and don't overestimate my abilities mind you.
Downside is my rear tyres are 70% worn at just under 10k miles, they're pretty crap sono great loss anyway I guess ā˜ŗļø

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel