Well worth the money.

I'm in the market for one of these, this is a good fine thank you. Didn't realise there was an option on the alloys! Out of interest, what did the battery switch do and why does it no longer work please?

I'm in the market for one of these, this is a good fine thank you. Didn't realise there was an option on the alloys! Out of interest, what did the battery switch do and why does it no longer work please?
I believe you used to press it to show battery percentage left but now it just displays by default so don't need need press it.

I think they should update it so if you press that button it does a variety of comedy sounds that you can configure:)

The 'battery' switch in the MG5 never actually did anything by the time the first demonstrators hit the UK.

Surely not worth paying that for an ex-demo with fancy wheels when you can pick up a new one for £500 less.
There is an in registered silver one with the wheels for £22399 on autotrader as well. They are both less than what I paid and a great deal lower than list at £29k. I would also stay away from the demos with the battery switch.

With new ones at £21.5k. The ex-demos just didn’t seem to offer great value by comparison. Mind you, all good value compared to the competition.
Pretty cool you found that. Is it an excite or exclusive you saw for that price? Are you going to get a 5 or have you got one?

There are new Excites on Autotrader for £19850.

I’m hovering over the buy button on those Autotrader ads for an Exclusive, but ideally I’d prefer to buy from a local dealer. From experience has anyone’s dealer offered a huge discount to match these offers? I’m a little dubious given Autotrader ads are almost £10,000 off list for brand new.

I certainly would go for an exclusive for the extra cost...after all I did !

I bought for £22500 Exclusice in silver - trade up plus trade in value for a car that they ultimately scrapped - wished my dealer was doing affinity deal when I ordered, which is now available. Could have got silver paint for free....

I’m hovering over the buy button on those Autotrader ads for an Exclusive, but ideally I’d prefer to buy from a local dealer. From experience has anyone’s dealer offered a huge discount to match these offers? I’m a little dubious given Autotrader ads are almost £10,000 off list for brand new.
Most dealers are doing price match. Just get in touch with them. Exclusive in any colour is £21540 to £21599

I bought click and collect from Chorley Burnley without issue, that was 120+ miles away from me rather than the dealer 5 miles away as they wouldn't budge on price.

I bought click and collect from Chorley Burnley without issue, that was 120+ miles away from me rather than the dealer 5 miles away as they wouldn't budge on price.
I initially thought that only the Leeds dealer was doing the £21599 price but 'Mangoletsi - Knutsford' and 'Gallaghers - Warrington' are near to me and they both agreed to price match

I spoke to my local dealer, told them the best I had been offered. Called me back within half an hour with an offer £1000 cheaper and £500 better part-ex for mine. Ready for collection within a week. Easiest car purchase I’ve ever made.

I spoke to my local dealer, told them the best I had been offered. Called me back within half an hour with an offer £1000 cheaper and £500 better part-ex for mine. Ready for collection within a week. Easiest car purchase I’ve ever made.
You'll love the car, I certainly do. What colour did you get?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom