Western concerns about Chinese “snooping “ high tech companies

sido

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I wonder if we, as owners of Chinese built cars should be suspicious in the way our governments have when thinking about Chinese high Tec companies. Do you think our faulty infotainment systems are trying to tell us something, perhaps they are so overused in sending data back to China that it is causing them to fail early in their life span. Could it be that the headlights are deliberately low tech so they can see how many of us change them? Could the KERS 3 brake lights issue have been a test of reaction speed for those behind us. And as for our SOS function god knows what they can find out if we press that especially when we linked our mobile phones to the infotainment centre without thinking they might now be accessible to others. They probably now have data on those of us who have engineering minds having fitted string to our emergency charger release. They can also identify those with electrical prowess after fitting a rear courtesy light. lord know what they think of those of us who have over mats and boot liners. I say all in this with a smile on my face , hoping it will put one on yours, but a lingering faint thought that maybe I should be worried.

I wonder if we, as owners of Chinese built cars should be suspicious in the way our governments have when thinking about Chinese high Tec companies. Do you think our faulty infotainment systems are trying to tell us something, perhaps they are so overused in sending data back to China that it is causing them to fail early in their life span. Could it be that the headlights are deliberately low tech so they can see how many of us change them? Could the KERS 3 brake lights issue have been a test of reaction speed for those behind us. And as for our SOS function god knows what they can find out if we press that especially when we linked our mobile phones to the infotainment centre without thinking they might now be accessible to others. They probably now have data on those of us who have engineering minds having fitted string to our emergency charger release. They can also identify those with electrical prowess after fitting a rear courtesy light. lord know what they think of those of us who have over mats and boot liners. I say all in this with a smile on my face , hoping it will put one on yours, but a lingering faint thought that maybe I should be worried.
Smart speakers, TVs, phones, PCs, laptops etc. all gather a staggering amount of information about us every day of our lives and a lot of our data is sold off to the highest bidder (for marketing/advertising purposes). My car is about the last thing I'd be leery of, irrespective of whether it's made in China or not.

LOL and the USA never landed on the moon
You should be more worried about how many times a day you are captured on CCTV.....Big brother is out there. UK has more CCTV cameras per head of population than any other country/regime :eek:

Yes but cctv can’t get finger prints as easily as my infotainment screen!

Love it, thats probably why its a bit laggy its processing our prints first
Got it in one. Also have you noticed how when you press the start button they distract you by have a car plan slow being coloured in, I think that’s when they are actually do retina checks. God know what the heated
seat elements can do!

This talk is doing my head in. 😨 All I wanted was a simple EV. Wherever I look things are looking at me and monitoring every move.

I wish it could connect to the internet - then maybe we might be able to get an app for it! :LOL:

You should be more worried about how many times a day you are captured on CCTV.....Big brother is out there. UK has more CCTV cameras per head of population than any other country/regime :eek:
Has anyone in the Edinburgh area noticed the phenomenal proliferation of small cameras on poles at the Hermiston roundabout lately ?? Big Hamish must know how much porridge each driver is consuming while driving 🤪🤪

Curious where you got this information, as the only information I can find is :
"The United States has 15.28 CCTV cameras every 100 individuals, followed by China with 14.36 and the United Kingdom with 7.5. Other top 10 countries include Germany with 6.27 cameras per 100 individuals, Netherlands 5.8, Australia 4, Japan 2.72, France 2.46 and South Korea 1.99."

Oh well China USA Russia UK are gathering all from us 😠 and now my car omg I can't take now helpppppp 😂🤣 know what sod them all I am loving my mg5 👍😃🙂

Curious where you got this information, as the only information I can find is :
"The United States has 15.28 CCTV cameras every 100 individuals, followed by China with 14.36 and the United Kingdom with 7.5. Other top 10 countries include Germany with 6.27 cameras per 100 individuals, Netherlands 5.8, Australia 4, Japan 2.72, France 2.46 and South Korea 1.99."
Its a mute point as it depends how you categorise. So Highway, Council or other "government" cameras or counting all cameras that police can request footage from on demand shops, cash points private security cameras in buildings, carparks, small businesses etc etc.... is a much much bigger figure. Semantics, too many which ever way you cut the pie.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-01 085223.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-04-01 085223.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 72
Its a mute point as it depends how you categorise. So Highway, Council or other "government" cameras or counting all cameras that police can request footage from on demand shops, cash points private security cameras in buildings, carparks, small businesses etc etc.... is a much much bigger figure. Semantics, too many which ever way you cut the pie.
As a pedant of the highest order (I have won prizes) .......it is moot, not mute. 🤣

As a pedant of the highest order (I have won prizes) .......it is moot, not mute. 🤣
LOL Stand corrected Gomev, but life is too short to worry about the odd typo, NHS in crisis, paying out £8 billion a year in clinical compensation, Energy cost escalation, oh and a megalomaniac causing a crisis in Ukraine to name just three things to really worry about. :) (y) :cool:

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom