What car did you have before the X Power. 🙂

VW ID.3 Pro (58kWh, 201bhp)

Just getting it cleaned ready to swap for the XPower tomorrow. One more sleep!

Why the swap? Lease had ended, was going to cost more to renew than currently paying, salary sacrifice (insured and fully maintained- including tyres) worked out £30 pcm cheaper than ID.3.

Cost was the biggest factor (and yes I'm well aware that we could've saved even more by not plumping for the silly one) but it feels like we're getting a steal.

Oh and it means I can be a member of the XPower Owners/ Leasers Club at long last!

A Lardy, but beautifully built Audi Etron.

Coming to the end of the warranty period and fancied a change.
I've also retired early so cost was a big consideration for me this time round.

Really thought I wouldn't be able to cope with a chinese made MG product.

But the test drive won me over.
Very Impressive package for the price.

I didn't think that I would ever buy another performance oriented vehicle to be honest, I really thought those day's were behind me.

But the package as a whole, just won me and my wife over.

"You can never have too much of a good thing"

Wanna bet!

20230510_211852.jpg

dji_fly_20230529_103756_2_1685353083211_photo_optimized.jpg

20230419_200609.jpg

Kia EV6 lease coming to an end and wanted something a bit smaller, with more power. Originally ordered a Volvo EX30 awd but upon seeing in flesh didnt like and cancelled my order without penalty. I had a couple of test drives in an X POWER and liked. New lease is £50 a month cheaper, so a no brainer as they say.

Same as @Bricktop X PWR also had an Audi e-tron but on salary sacrifice. Had a fantastic deal since 2020 (£390 p/m & 9k miles) and of course every car was going to be more expensive. I drove the Trophy LR and liked it, then researched the hell out of it so I knew the good & flaky points. Then Xpower was announced and I assumed as it was £3k more than Trophy it would be c£100 p/m more over 30 mth lease - got a quote from Tusker and it was £21 p/m more. Booked a test drive and then cancelled the Trophy. No regrets. Love the Xpower and it's small flaws.

I had two MK 7 Golf R's (cheapish lease deals). The first red and the second white.

I do like my powerful AWD hatchbacks 😊👍

The MK8 R just got too expensive for me after taking early retirement and they are now well into the higher road tax band with any extras.

White Golf.jpg
Red Golf.jpg

Last edited:
The last one I sold before the Xpower that was mine (and not my other halfs), were a 2002 996 turbo, which I had for years. A mate really wanted it, so I let it go, knowing I still can get testdrives (it is a 6 sec 100-200 km/h car), and I am still keeping my Viper. Was looking at Mat Watson on Youtube, and he raved much about the Xpower and the price, so I got interested. The local MG shop had a MG4 standard in for testing, and I really liked that one. I needed 4WD, so was only option in a Xpower. Testdrove that at another dealership, and ordered directly. Wanted a 4WD car which wasn't a slow one, with good warranty and reasonable price so the depreciation isn't Taycan-ish. And the Xpower was good in more ways than that, so it was an easy purchase.

A BMW 330e, a company car which I had to let go of last June as I was made redundant.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240214_192714_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240214_192714_Photos.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 34
Out of interest, what car did you have, immediately before your X Power, not other cars you've had, just the one before. And why did you choose the X Power. 🙂👍
I had a Skoda Enyaq iv60. Nice spec with full leather & 21” wheels. My Wife bought a top of the range Trophy last September & once I had driven it & saw how much kit it had plus a 7 year warranty I felt short changed driving a 2.1 Tonne enyaq that handled like a chest freezer. So my brandnew x power arrived on Dec 22nd. No regrets at all.

Attachments

• IMG_6259.jpeg
    IMG_6259.jpeg
    780.5 KB · Views: 31
Upgraded from my modified 5 second leaf :) on coils and good rubber, it still corners on rails compared to the xpower. Added 160kw inverter, hauled for a "slow car" was fun. I wanted something similar in use, so when the awd xpower showed up it was a logical step.
IMG_6481.jpeg

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom