What do you do (while public charging)?

Bricktop X PWR

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
Because I can only charge away from home, I have a pretty rigid routine.
I usually take a Mcds, park up, plug in.
Nom.
Then.....go for a walk.

The second floor of the car park I charge in, is blocked off permanently, so I go up and do laps of it until the cars ready.
4 minutes 36 seconds per lap.

What do you get up to?

20231125_094002.jpg

Same routine here ,though not in Multi Storey Car Parks . Mostly I park put the car on charge , go home and relax a bit and , about an hour before my session finishes , walk to a Lidl about a mile away ,do a bit of shopping and go and pick the car up

Same routine here ,though not in Multi Storey Car Parks . Mostly I park put the car on charge , go home and relax a bit and , about an hour before my session finishes , walk to a Lidl about a mile away ,do a bit of shopping and go and pick the car up

The Tesla Chargers are actually in the multi storey, so they rather have us over a barrel!
But even with the cost of parking, it's still half the cost of the other networks in this area.

20231121_182609.jpg

Appreciate that it doesn't fit in with the public charging question but you got me thinking and made me realise that I've never actually been awake whilst my car is charging :ROFLMAO:

Yep, that's the dream charging scenario IMO.

It'll Never happen for me though.
I love living off grid, with no near neighbours and surrounded by acres of countryside
More than happy to visit a public charger once a week.

Funnily enough though, in the height of summer, once the battery bank is topped up, I will be plugging in and charging with the spare electric.
I got a quote last year to connect to the grid..........£38,000.
I just can't justify that sort of expenditure.
Under 10k though and I would have considered it.

Last edited:
I got a quote last year to connect to the grid..........£38,000.
I just can't justify that sort of expenditure.
Under 10k though and I would have considered it.
For that price you could have a solar farm, wind turbine and massive battery storage. They're pricing themselves out of the market. :)

22 KW charging 200 meters from me. Plug in walk home go back 4-6 hrs later and get car.
Tidy.

For that price you could have a solar farm, wind turbine and massive battery storage. They're pricing themselves out of the market. :)

I am pretty sure they (Western Power Distributon) didn't want the work and priced me off.

A boss I used to have (in a garage I worked in) used to overprice jobs when he didn't want them.

They chap who came to price it up was Ex Army, so we got on really well, and he did say it wouldn't be cheap.

At home... it's overnight...

On my regular trips to Leeds... by the time I've had a pee, bought a Costa and drank it, time for another pee and off we go... new Gridserves at Watford Gap seem to give the perfect timing for 2 hours of running...

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom