What is this that's fallen off my car?

JodyS21

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I found a rubber bung like part on the driveway where my ZS (gen1) is usually parked, I'm guessing it's come off the car but can't work out where from.
Anyone got any ideas?
There is an irregular hole when I open the charging flap, that looks like something may have been there and broke - have you guys got something there?

(You may notice my grill has a broken bit too, discovered it not that long after getting the car)

IMG_6600.jpg
IMG_6603.JPG
IMG_6602.JPG
IMG_6601.JPG

The bonnet buffers have a screw thread to adjust the height.

Last edited:
Too small for the bonnet or tailgate stops and the hole circled on the picture of the charging port is empty on mine.
It looks about the same size as the smaller rubbers nearer the middle at the front of the bonnet, that don't seem to serve any purpose (seen in @ChrisR's second photo).

the hole circled on the picture of the charging port is empty on mine.
That's normal:

file.php

[ Edit: just ignore the type 1 to type 2 adapter. ]

Does your car have an after-market light in the charging port? Or is that a UK specific luxury?

Edit 2:
It looks about the same size as the smaller rubbers nearer the middle at the front of the bonnet
Perhaps it is a mid-bonnet one, and was dropped in somewhere during assembly, they couldn't quickly find it, and just left it there. And now it's found its way out of wherever it was lurking.

Last edited:
That's normal:

[ Edit: just ignore the type 1 to type 2 adapter. ]

Does your car have an after-market light in the charging port? Or is that a UK specific luxury?

Edit 2:

Perhaps it is a mid-bonnet one, and was dropped in somewhere during assembly, they couldn't quickly find it, and just left it there. And now it's found its way out of wherever it was lurking.
It’s a motion sensor stick on light from eBay, works really well.

Thanks all, it was from the bonnet.
I haven’t opened the bonnet for a few weeks so didn’t even look there. Bit weird that it must’ve come out without being opened.
View attachment 7418
The two outer rubber buffers are adjustable, in two inner buffers are of the fixed type.
The outer buffers can be used to lift the bonnet height at each side, to align the height of the bonnet with the front wings.

The two outer rubber buffers are adjustable, in two inner buffers are of the fixed type.
The outer buffers can be used to lift the bonnet height at each side, to align the height of the bonnet with the front wings.
Any idea what the two inner rubbers are for, they don't seem to contact anything when the bonnet is shut ?
I thought they might hold the bonnet prop down initially, but they're nowhere near it.

Thinking about objects falling from cars, captured this on my dashcam a while back:

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom