What is white line in power meter display

D

Deleted member 3150

On some occasion, not worked out when, apart from the normal line that moves around showing + or - power usage on the right hand meter another appears. a second white line shows up that also moves about. Any ideas?

I think that on the point where the blue and the white line meet , a gear shift will happen ....but I found this to be true sometimes.....

I noticed if U see the white line is about to meet the blue line , and u release the "gas" pedal a little bit....it will still do a gear shift , but a less noticeable gear shift....

From my understanding it’s the maximum power limit it will allow on that certain gear. I think it only shows up in EV mode only. When it shows mean it is near a gear change.

It appears to be the power limit both for acceleration and regen braking. My guess is it has to do with temperature of the motor or battery. It does appear on hybrid mode but normally in the negative power section to display the limit for regen braking.

I remember reading somewhere that the electric motor is 90kw for up to 2 seconds then 70kw, if you floor it in EV mode you quickly see the white like appear just below 80% and it will stay there as long as you are still accelerating even fairly gently. Fastest way to make it go away seems to be to reduce acceleration to less than 20% and it goes away pretty quick.

Frustratingly a standard feature of the instrument panel is not explained in the owners manual and the dealer has no idea. I have now seen it with a solid white line and a dotted one.

On the right hand power meter anywhere along the edge adjacent to a power level + or in - ve

Hi Electrickery
i have seen a dotted line under the solid line on the power meter in regen. Can not find any thing in user book for this. Only seen this regen and only some times not all the time.

The only thing I have managed to confirm about when it happens is it’s hard acceleration, which is why it’s not so easy to view what’s happening on the display as the steering when is being turned and spoke often obscuring the display…… and needing a bit of concentration on the road.

Indeed I have especially noticed it when
  • battery is full and there is no regen available.
  • above 40 mph when the car is debating gear change that comes on between 44-50 mph.

As mentioned, it seems to be connected to power
  • it can take when regenning
  • power it can deliver in specific gear

I have the same questions about this White Line. Can't figure out what it is for ... my eHS is brand new ^^
I Will try to understand it when driving (in safe condition of course)

When this white line meets the blue line of your power meter, in a few moments that's the moment it's gonna shift to a higher "gear" (less Amps will be used by the motor for the same speed)

It's not a real gear tho, I think it's something electronically that makes it possible for the motor to use more power.
Why the heck they didn't make this a one speed motor I don't know,.....(like Tesla)

I think its patented by Tesla is my guess....

It's not a real gear tho, I think it's something electronically that makes it possible for the motor to use more power.
Why the heck they didn't make this a one speed motor I don't know,.....(like Tesla)

I think its patented by Tesla is my guess....
The car has 2 transmission coupled together. A 4 speed for the electric motor, and a 6 speed for the ICE. i think it might have something to do with how these 2 transmissions shift with how the white line appears.
1647507828376.png

The car has 2 transmission coupled together. A 4 speed for the electric motor, and a 6 speed for the ICE. i think it might have something to do with how these 2 transmissions shift with how the white line appears.
View attachment 7500
Yeah but I think when you switch to EV mode , the gearbox decouples from one another , leaving the electric motor and it's electronic gears to run on its own.

It's just my guess.... Because it would be weird to have the ICE gearbox running on an electric motor.....it's too quiet inside te car for that to be happening.

Maybe someone with more experience can tell us more.

Hi all, I'm being a bit dim here. Has anyone found out what that dotted white line is showing it seems to always be below the power line and then drop to the bottom of the power range arch. I have read the other posts but still unclear.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom