What software version is the latest

RetiredPope

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi,
Picking up my ZS T LR on Friday and have requested that the latest software and maps are installed. But, what is the latest versions and how do I check?
Thanks in advance.

I was thinking to ask the same the other day. Anyone knows?

Newest map is 22Q2 at the moment
As for head unit @Lovemyev may be able to shed some light on this as he's just had an update done
They're the 2 things you can see from the car
As for the various ecu's you need a obd reader I know the DC charging update had side effect of being able how to remove charge cable just by unlocking car shouldn't really be an issue on a new delivery car

Last edited by a moderator:
what is the latest versions and how do I check?
I done a quick video to see software No. And map version my car is a trophy long range
Screenshot_20230226-213412.png

Screenshot_20230226-213348.png

There is a few other short vids on my channel that will help set up car

Are updates delivered over the air, or car needs to go to dealership every time?

Are updates delivered over the air, or car needs to go to dealership every time?
Sat-Nav you can do yourself (see attached PDF). Firmware updates are done at the dealership.

Attachments

• Map-Update_-ZS-EV-Comfort-edition-MG5_All-editions-MG4_Standard-Comfort-Editions.pdf
    399.4 KB · Views: 579
I thought smaller updates were automatically installed over the air.
Updates for the infotainment CAN be done over the air.

This is sadly the reality with a lot of Chinese products.

"CAN", does not in any way equate to "WILL"

If memory serves, the software versions depicted earlier in this thread, was the same version my April 2022 MG ZS EV had, so if i am right...In essense, the infotainment has not received a single update since, atleast april last year.

Map updates were never intended to be OTA, they are rather large. Map updates download onto a USB stick, then you put that in the USB socket of the car and let the maps update this way. Pretty seamless experience, other than it taking 30+ minutes.

The firm I leased Moby through have decided that servicing is getting done via a 3rd party, one would assume that they wouldn’t be able to offer the updates.

I’ve approached MG MK & asked how much they’d charge for an update outside of any servicing & will report back here should anyone else have the same issue.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom