What version is your head unit running? (Gen2)

N2STY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I've been looking through the forum for version numbers and so far

Newest ones are

SR\LR v16 was v15 before OTA fix

Connect v22 that's with groundhog Day fix before that was v19 and before OTA fix v12

If you could post your version number and spec of car ie SR,SRT,SRTC,LR,LRT,LRTC
And if dab artwork is displayed
(Obviously I think we know the OTA fix may not of worked)

LRT.
20230307_134625.jpg
20230307_134639.jpg

Maybe then it's not the MPU or MPC software which is the problem.
True buts this post is not just for DAB
A lot of people are coming up for the annual service there are not many things we can check that have been updated this is one we can keep an eye on
Some have been told all up todate see you next year but are still on 15R or 19R on connect now if there not doing head unit updates are they doing others let's face it probably not?

SRT, No DAB Artwork.
Head unit seems to be reliable, but time is often out of sync with the dash cluster.
Looks very different to other people's versions.
Not been to a dealer since it left the showroom in June 2022.

Attachments

• IMG_6964.jpg
    IMG_6964.jpg
    424.3 KB · Views: 97
SRT, No DAB Artwork.
Head unit seems to be reliable, but time is often out of sync with the dash cluster.
Looks very different to other people's versions.
Not been to a dealer since it left the showroom in June 2022.
That is different and no map update button do you have sunroof?

ZS EV LR. Registered Sept 22
MPU SW166 29958. 1300RT6

MCU 66,3,1,2

Full set of. Head Unit Logos

Last edited:
Regarding DAB artwork not showing you need to touch as in picture and select radio info to on If not already done so.
im getting only BBC stations at present, but far as I’m aware I have had no updates to head unit.
IMG_0026.jpeg

Still running this version, nothing new when pressing update function.
Mine is long range trophy last service was December 2022.

Attachments

• IMG_0225.jpeg
    IMG_0225.jpeg
    779.3 KB · Views: 74
I have radio info on, but still no artwork on any stations.
Same here @Susanna and my head unit was allegedly updated at the cars first service in March 23.
The art work for the radio stations would be nice, but I can live without it to be fair.
Never had it, so never missed it ( you might say ).
I am coming to the conclusion that this maybe more of a hard ware issue and not a software issue myself.
I clearly remember back to the time when one of the reasons why the orders for the face lift ZS EV where delayed, was that they had a large number of cars already built, but they had NO head units to install into them !.
Some of the cars with later build dates, do appear to have the art work in the display now.
I am wondering is these are a slightly different head units ( even from a different supplier maybe ) but ARE equipped with the ability to display the art work on radio station ?.
We had one of the first batch of VW PHEV Golf’s that came into the U.K. in 2015.
It had been spec'd by the dealer, with the top of the range info system.
The upgrade was £1,800.00 but it also did NOT have any coloured art work displayed on the radio stations either.
I called VW CS and enquired about why this feature was missing on the car, even though it had the upgraded info unit.
They promised to investigate and get back to me.
Sure enough, two days latter they had checked the build sheet and spec’s of the car and said it could not be altered via software.
The head unit could not support the features.
But, cars that where built only around six months later, would have a head unit with the full colour features.
I wonder if this is a similar case with regards to the early / later versions of the ZS EV facelift models then ????.

Same here @Susanna and my head unit was allegedly updated at the cars first service in March 23.
The art work for the radio stations would be nice, but I can live without it to be fair.
Never had it, so never missed it ( you might say ).
I am coming to the conclusion that this maybe more of a hard ware issue and not a software issue myself.
I clearly remember back to the time when one of the reasons why the orders for the face lift ZS EV where delayed, was that they had a large number of cars already built, but they had NO head units to install into them !.
Some of the cars with later build dates, do appear to have the art work in the display now.
I am wondering is these are a slightly different head units ( even from a different supplier maybe ) but ARE equipped with the ability to display the art work on radio station ?.
We had one of the first batch of VW PHEV Golf’s that came into the U.K. in 2015.
It had been spec'd by the dealer, with the top of the range info system.
The upgrade was £1,800.00 but it also did NOT have any coloured art work displayed on the radio stations either.
I called VW CS and enquired about why this feature was missing on the car, even though it had the upgraded info unit.
They promised to investigate and get back to me.
Sure enough, two days latter they had checked the build sheet and spec’s of the car and said it could not be altered via software.
The head unit could not support the features.
But, cars that where built only around six months later, would have a head unit with the full colour features.
I wonder if this is a similar case with regards to the early / later versions of the ZS EV facelift models then ????.
I had my Mk 2 zsev trophy brand new with sunroof in Dec 2021, and as you can see from my images getting artwork on BBC stations only with version ending 15 with no new updates, I think the API from the stations is not being received on the Mg software.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom