What Vessels do MG Use To Transport Vehicles To The UK

johnb80

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
As per the title, does anyone know what vessels SAIC use to transport cars to the UK please? I have seen a post on here that named 4 vessels I think but foolishly I didnt note them down and I cant find it now :(

We are expecting an MG5 that was awaiting shipment a week ago and I'd like to follow vessels that may be transporting it to UK (sad but true :))

You'll find what you need in this rather long post.

At the time of the MG 4 launch last September SAIC announced that they would be carrying out a trial using COSCO container ships. Vessels started to arrive in both Felixstowe and Southampton. The trial was considered a success and SAIC announced that they would be increasing volumes shipped in containers. There are now regular shipments through Felixstowe with 2 vehicles arriving in each container. Containers are shunted to Ipswich where they are opened and vehicles are loaded onto car transporters which take them across to Portbury. My guess is that around 300 vehicles a month are coming through Felixstowe. If the Southampton trial was successful I imagine a similar number would be routed through there. I also believe that SAIC wish to make increasing use of this delivery method as it has proved to be cheaper and quicker than RORO.

Anji Cosco could be the shipping company for MG.
Thank you all for the replies, I'll keep looking around and report anything I find.
They ordered 7 new ships this year for service in 2025/26.

Anji Pheonix is one in current fleet. Last trip was Mexico. It is currently in China.

As per the title, does anyone know what vessels SAIC use to transport cars to the UK please? I have seen a post on here that named 4 vessels I think but foolishly I didnt note them down and I cant find it now :(

We are expecting an MG5 that was awaiting shipment a week ago and I'd like to follow vessels that may be transporting it to UK (sad but true :))
Not that this will help - but my car left factory mid June, and was with the dealership last week - with delivery August 3rd... you may be able to reverse engineer an expectation or something out of that info, even if you can't track the specific carrier

Not that this will help - but my car left factory mid June, and was with the dealership last week - with delivery August 3rd... you may be able to reverse engineer an expectation or something out of that info, even if you can't track the specific carrier
Based on that, September then Grrrrrrrr.

It's a long slog - my car was ordered on January 12th although hopefully this means it'll be a phase 2 variant when it turns up next week... Hope your's arrives soon...
Fingers crossed, please keep me updated on yours and what the changes are to the new version. I was told they stopper production of the MG5 to tool up for the new version thats why there has been the delay which hopefully applies to you.

J

I saw a car transporter full of MG4's 5's and ZS's on my way home from work today.
Hopefully there are some lucky owners here collecting them tomorrow.

All 23 plates.

Mine came in on the "Carrera" via Bristol.
Tracked it on Vessel Finder all the way from China.
Just worked backwards from the arrival date/port the dealer gave me.

Spoke to the dealer, we now have a delivery date of 14th September, the vehicle is at sea. Any ideas how I can find out what vessel it's on? I've tried looking at departure from Lianpungang but cant find anything, departures only seem to go back 2 days, Ive tried all the vessel names I've been given \ found and none of them are enroute to UK as far as I can see.

If it's coming into Bristol wok back from your delivery date and look for car carriers coming into the port on their website.

If it's coming into Bristol wok back from your delivery date and look for car carriers coming into the port on their website.
Ive tried viewing bristol docks but cant find a list of arrivals on a daily basis. I guess I'll just have to sit on my hands and be patient :):):)

We have received an update from our dealer, our MG5 is in the country, has been PDI'd and awaiting a transporter to take it to Hull.

Looking forward to September :)
At long last our car has reached the dealer, handover day is the 22nd, cant wait.

DSEN9102.JPG
GMMP5663.JPG
RASN4600.JPG
SUNE6280.JPG

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom