Whatever you do, don't do this.... ( take it away 😉 )

DaevM

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
.... set your phone up as a digital key then leave it in the car when charging and just nipping in services etc for a quick wee.... half way through suddenly realised what I'd done!! 😱

But did you lock the car and have a physical key with you? If so, I don’t understand why this would be an issue.
Yes I did which is why I thought it was all good. When we got back to the car I stayed a suitable distance away and asked my wife to try opening the door. She didn't have a key. It unlocked... although to be fair the alarm went off and the car emailed me to let me know bad things were occurring. However, you never know 🫣
I shall not be leaving my phone in the car whilst I'm not there again. All part of the steep learning curve ( apparently)

Hmm. It used to be that you had to physically select the DK in the app to be able to unlock the doors - it didn't just work by proximity (from what I recall).

I'll give it a go again, maybe something else going on, hence the alarm & email... I know there's the lock/unlock buttons on the screen but couldn't think of any other reason... 🤔

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom