What's to stop someone..........................

Jocko

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
What's to stop someone plugging into a public charger then going off for a day at work when an hour would see their car fully charged?

If there's no time limit on the charger or parking then nothing, apart from manners.

Upvote 0
On some charging locations £100 or so overstay fee. On other locations, the attentions of a parasite Private Parking Company.

The latter reminds me to make a post about an online community dedicated to successfully fighting parking tickets (private and council) and also criminal motoring offences. I'll post that in a while but, for the moment, bookmark forums.pepipoo.com

Update

It's here: Help with Parking Tickets and Motoring Offences

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not a lot you can do. You cannot disconnect it, maybe leave a message on the windscreen, and note the Reg number. And if its legal, publish that to shame the owner...:)

But does it happen?????????

Upvote 0
It does happen, Tesco in Aylesbury, a ZS and a DHL van, the ZS I think, they works there, the DHL van, just taking the p***

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
It is up to the charge point owner to set and enforce tariff and restrictions. Provided the car owner complies with these they are doing nothing wrong. Charge point owners can encourage the behaviours they want to see through charging and enforcement.

Sometimes owners are guilty of greenwashing (giving the impression that they have environmentally friendly policies whereas in reality they are happy to dispense only 7kWh of power to a single user in a 24 hour period rather than 100kWh to 4 different users).

Upvote 0
A destination charger is for parking at and leaving your car for as long as you want (within the terms of the particular location). A rapid charger is for a brief top up. The punishment for overstaying at a rapid charger after you've got to 80% SOC is the passive-aggressive comments from other EV drivers on the internet.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom