What's Your M/KWh for February 2022?

• Thread starter Deleted member 7171
  • Start date
My personal best is (short journey admittedly) 15 m/kw coming down from the top of the Mendips. Even when I got home after driving a couple of miles on the flat it was still showing 10 m/kw.
It will be interesting to see what m/kwh I get when I visit my daughter who lives in Shipham, just above Cheddar on the Mendips. I rather think that my outward journey will be less than my homeward journey, partly due to the steady net rise in altitude once I get past Frome and partly due to the direction of prevailing winds, which will tend to be more against me on my outward journey. I am looking forward to investigating.

Also I am due to go away later in the year with a full carload of 4 adults plus stuff on a round trip of 400+miles. That should be interesting. I am looking forward to both of these experiments.

3.0 m/kWh for February. That said, apart from a few quick runs to places like local shops, almost all trips were 30-90 mile journeys from Inverness to various parts of the Highlands and back. And we get Serious Weather in February - lots of it. So it was heater on, wipers on, demist/AC on, lights on, satnav on, heated rear window/mirrors on, lots of wind and plenty of hills. Several trips were entirely at temperatures below zero.

So I'm not complaining. In fact, I've been quite impressed with how the car handles winter in Scotland, especially snow.

As mentioned above, nobody can give a February figure unless they coincidentally did a reset on the first of the month. Make this a shout out for members to reset today and report back at the end of March.
On this subject, I did reset at the beginning of March so this is a true March reading. Driving style was normal i.e. no special effort to save or expend energy.
20220331_144655.jpg

1st month down, 1200 miles at an average of 3.5m/kwh. We've had some pretty nasty cold ones and I don't compromise on my comfort.

The last few warmer days (15c) I'm up into 4+ m/kwh average for my 35 mile drive home. Its the cold mornings that's skewing it down.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom