Wheel covers & Spare Wheel (It's all about the wheels!)

JammyJules

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all - my first post.

Picked up my AZ EV Trophy last week - long range - and loving it.

I previously had the ZS 1.0T Auto, which had the spare wheel kit (which I kept). Can I use it on my new ZS ? I would try it but ....

Is there a 'proper' way to get those wheel covers off ? I've tried pulling, I put a piece of wood between it and the wheel and tried levering, but they are not budging. I don't want to bend / break them (which is what it feels like I'm about to do!)

Is there a trick ?

Thanks in advance.

I really don't think the petrol wheel will fit
No it will not.
The ZS EV has the wheel hubs from the previous HS fossil.
The stud spacing / off set is different on the fossil ZS to the EV.
When the ZS EV Gen1 was first released, they sold the space saver from the fossil version to suit the EV model.
One owner soon discovered he could not get the wheel to fit the hub, when he suffered a puncher.
It was quickly flagged up to MG and they with drawn the kit from sale, a little latter they offered the space saver from the HS.
At first, the price of this kit was about £130.00 complete ( New / Old stock I suspect ).
The last time I looked, the kit had jumped up to about £250.00 !.
But I think MG have stopped selling accessories now ?.
@JammyJules there is just a spare wheel for sale on Ebay.
You have the jack etc already ?.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Regarding removing the aero covers, I will include a couple of photos that clearly show how the trims are attached to the alloy.
One member who removed his, went behind the wheel and was able to help release the clicks through the spokes at the back of the wheel.
In photo’s, you can see they are held by clips on each of the spokes of the alloys, plus there is a central pinch ring clip that grabs around the centre of the wheel hub.
I suspect this is the one that is refusing to let go !.
Pulling and flexing the trim in only one location, is likely to see the trim crack.

F6206297-ED34-40EE-9DCE-DBBA77FA6099.jpeg
7FB712E1-84CB-4CF3-801C-57D34CF7D45D.jpeg

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom