Wheel spin in Eco whilst parking

MonsterMonster

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I've driven hundred miles so I'm just getting used to the 5lr. Whilst turning into a carpark, turning left and apply slight accelerator at about walking speed a wheel spun which I've never experienced in an ice.

Is this normal? Road is damp 8c.

The car has so much torque it is very easy to spin the wheels and not just from standstill.
Were you in eco?
Enjoy the power.

Yep, high torque and less weight at the front means the wheels spin easily. All it takes is a bit of grit on the road surface.

Also car park surfaces can be very greasy particularly when wet and if its a painted surface.

Aye it really needs the type 2, granny and a bag or two of emergency Worthers in the frunk to tie the front end down during launch 🚀
If you watch EVJames frunk video he says he's put some of his heavier parts in the box to try and make up some weight at the front.

I don't know if it's my heavy foot (I learned to take it easy pulling off) or cheap tyres but I had the front tyres replaced a week or so back at only 16k miles, they were down to the marks.

I don't know if it's my heavy foot (I learned to take it easy pulling off) or cheap tyres but I had the front tyres replaced a week or so back at only 16k miles, they were down to the marks.
Smokin’ 🤩

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom