When a fault becomes a pain!!

Bill Pillar

Standard Member
Reaction score
Ive had two major issues with my MG the first was after only 400 miles when the car died and the AA scratched their heads and simply took it back to the dealer. The fault at the time was the main controller ( not sure what the correct name was) but it took 7 weeks to get one and replace it. Now to be fair it was during lock down and i had the dealerships own demonstrator car whilst mine was waiting for teh parts

Now after 7000 miles or so i got into the car and a load of warning lights appeared Hill start,brakes among many others i carnt even remember. The car drove but I called the AA again and we dropped it off at a local dealership. I had the free hire car for two days although it took two days to get me one and now i have a courtesy car while my car needs a new "info" unit.
Its been just over three weeks now and still no news of when the parts will arrive, what a time to have a petrol courtesy car!!

Any one else had these issues on waiting for parts - am i just unlucky or is it the general state of everyone waiting for parts and not neccesarally car parts?

I've been waiting on a few parts since I bought the car, but how much of that is down to supply issues, and how much the dealer just not talking unless prompted.

I've been waiting on a few parts since I bought the car, but how much of that is down to supply issues, and how much the dealer just not talking unless prompted.
I agree, I think it is supply issues in the whole but i do wish the dealer would keep me updated without having me prompt!!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom