When was it built?

T15KPH

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Took delivery of our pearl white MG HS Exclusive PHEV on Thursday 10 March. Long story, 3rd one we had ordered. This one was due for “dealer stock” and was ordered by Caffyns on 19July 2021. We knew it was on a ship arriving in Portbury at the end of Feb when we agreed this purchase.
Now the question
According to “The Certificate of Conformity” that we were given by the dealer, our car with the VIN number stated appears to have been built on 12 July 2021. So where has it been since then? Looked underneath today while fitting the mudflaps, all looks clean and rust free. If MG SAIC is having difficulties fulfilling orders, why was this car so long coming to UK?

Nice place you live, do like it there.
it probably been sitting in a car storage place waiting on clips also a place on a ship to be transported to here, did you see the last pod cast if not watch it. New cars are starting to come through my local dealer is expecting a 100 cars in the next day or two.

my car below

Attachments

• A45DE6BA-75AD-41E4-AF36-E972A5049DDB.jpeg
    A45DE6BA-75AD-41E4-AF36-E972A5049DDB.jpeg
    275.7 KB · Views: 195
  • 6B8DCB0A-0ACB-4276-87F3-B659E7C1D1B1.jpeg
    6B8DCB0A-0ACB-4276-87F3-B659E7C1D1B1.jpeg
    324.7 KB · Views: 170
  • D0A3DCD4-E4DE-4E6E-9663-F5081D9DB104.jpeg
    D0A3DCD4-E4DE-4E6E-9663-F5081D9DB104.jpeg
    379.6 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Snap, I also collected my Pearl White Exclusive on the 10th March.

“The Certificate of Conformity” ?
Just checked my paperwork given to me by my dealer, no “Certificate of Conformity”. Only a Confirmation of Registration Details which shows the VIN #.

Reckon I need to ask about that. :unsure:

Snap, I also collected my Pearl White Exclusive on the 10th March.

“The Certificate of Conformity” ?
Just checked my paperwork given to me by my dealer, no “Certificate of Conformity”. Only a Confirmation of Registration Details which shows the VIN #.

Reckon I need to ask about that. :unsure:
the certificate of conformity is not usually give out but sent to the DVLA at registration I know this as the road going mobility scooter have them. May be a copy for him.

I just been out to take the car off charge and if you open the driver door there is a black label down on the bottom of the pillar. This has paint codes eg, i think the second line down it start with what could a date, my one is 11/20/2018 so that’s 11 Nov 20218. Have a look at your see if you can see it. My car was registration in July 21.

HI Jto.
Had a look at the bottom of the B pillar and took a photo, seems mine may also have been built in 2018. But, 4 years ago? I hope not!!
Looks like I will need to ask the dealer for the certificate of conformity, or other evidence of build date.

Attachments

• 20220314_121818-1.jpg
    20220314_121818-1.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 169
HI Jto.
Had a look at the bottom of the B pillar and took a photo, seems mine may also have been built in 2018. But, 4 years ago? I hope not!!
Looks like I will need to ask the dealer for the certificate of conformity, or other evidence of build date.
No thats not the label will have a look when I out to take off charge.

No thats not the label will have a look when I out to take off charge.
HI Jto.
Hi
had a look and would Agee that’s not the date of manufacture would think there is a label with it on somewhere.

Hi
had a look and would Agee that’s not the date of manufacture would think there is a label with it on somewhere.
Had a good look around this morning, all 4 door apertures, bonnet and tailgate, a few info stickers here and there but not what I am looking for.
Thought I'd phone the dealer:
Ext 1. Sales. 'There is no one to take your call and the mail box is full. Please try again later'.......dial tone: So plan B:
Ext 2. Service (They should know where it is) Hello, can you tell me where I can find the manufacturing date info? 'Sorry, I will put you through to Sales'. Immediate transfer to Sales.
See EXT 1. Sales above.
If the mail box is full and seems always is, why not empty it?

Had a good look around this morning, all 4 door apertures, bonnet and tailgate, a few info stickers here and there but not what I am looking for.
Thought I'd phone the dealer:
Ext 1. Sales. 'There is no one to take your call and the mail box is full. Please try again later'.......dial tone: So plan B:
Ext 2. Service (They should know where it is) Hello, can you tell me where I can find the manufacturing date info? 'Sorry, I will put you through to Sales'. Immediate transfer to Sales.
See EXT 1. Sales above.
If the mail box is full and seems always is, why not empty it?
Hi
I was in on Saturday to have my door handle looked and there were 7 or 8 people come to collect new cars or to buy cars. They are expecting a 100 new car this week, it’s a gold mine that place.

Can anyone who has the date info sticker on their HS take a photo of it and note the position O/S N/S and Pillar? I have to have one somewhere but I cannot find it.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom