When's the next MG5 delivery?!!

I ordered late Nov. (blue excite MG5 LR) originally told should be ok for delivery 1st March. Now they can’t give me any idea when.

Oh Dear, Dealer just shown me latest ETA , showing on their system as AUGUST,
Ordered, a MG5 Exclusive LR Black, In DECEMBER, eta APRIL :ROFLMAO:
But did say, MG updates very flakey, it could in country, on ship, awaiting shipping or not even built yet. o_O

Oh Dear, Dealer just shown me latest ETA , showing on their system as AUGUST,
Ordered, a MG5 Exclusive LR Black, In DECEMBER, eta APRIL :ROFLMAO:
But did say, MG updates very flakey, it could in country, on ship, awaiting shipping or not even built yet. o_O
It’s all in the art of making friends and influencing people.

I've just had an update that they are expecting my Blue MG5 7th May. Anyone else had something similar?
That sounds good, it suggests it is at least on board ship, as the voyage takes 4 weeks, possibly its even in the country, mine turned out to have arrived at Portbury 3 weeks before it reached the dealership. #teamblue.

For those that can't wait... there are half a dozen or so un-plated MG5's various spec's & colours on the forecourt of MG Preston... Chelsea Holmes 01772-793054 tell her Martin suggested you call.

Always sincere
Martin Reid
14th April 2022

Had a message from dealer late yesterday. My MG5 Excl team Red will be ready for collection sometime next month. Haven’t been given a date but at least it finally sounds positive.
Ordered in Sept for Jan delivery, then March delivery then told at beginning of March it was ‘at sea‘ and it was going to be a June delivery.

Had a message from dealer late yesterday. My MG5 Excl team Red will be ready for collection sometime next month. Haven’t been given a date but at least it finally sounds positive.
Ordered in Sept for Jan delivery, then March delivery then told at beginning of March it was ‘at sea‘ and it was going to be a June delivery.
Sounds in line with what I'm being told, currently 7th May but my suspicion is this will slip to June.

Zenauto took off their MG's for a while. Back on and look at the leadtime. Hope it helps someone. Mine should be here end of may. Will confirm next week if any updates on mine.
Screenshot_20220416-202949_Chrome.jpg

Zenauto took off their MG's for a while. Back on and look at the leadtime. Hope it helps someone. Mine should be here end of may. Will confirm next week if any updates on mine.View attachment 7941
Contacted zenauto this morning and they said its expected at end of may and taking delivery 1 week after. Exciting

Well that is my delivery date delayed again. Reason given by the dealer is "unavailable build slot".

Order date: Late Nov ('21)
Delivery estimate 1: early March '22
Delivery estimate 2: mid April '22
Delivery estimate 3: early June '22
Actual delivery: ??????
Just had an update from my dealer. Delivery is now scheduled for 4th May. I am shocked and delighted!

Grr, mine has been delayed to August, they emailed me to say its been pushed back and i can ring to swap brands if something else is suitable and within a faster delivery time.... obviously contacted them and was offered a model3 ionic5 or used zoe at best. What talk about a slap in the face. I shall be pulling out of this contract. Doubt ill be able to walk into a MG dealership and get a 5LR on lease anytime soon.
Strong cuppa is required and the search will continue.
There are a couple of black ones in stock at Richard Hardies. Silverlink Park. Just North of the Tyne Tunnel. Newcastle Upon Tyne.
Im in the north east but with limited time to shop around.

Last edited:
Grr, mine has been delayed to August, they emailed me to say its been pushed back and i can ring to swap brands if something else is suitable and within a faster delivery time.... obviously conta ted them and was offered a model3 ionic5 or used zoe at best. What talk about a dlap in the face. I shall be pulling out of this contract. Doubt ill be able to walk into a MG dealership and get a 5LR on lease anytime soon.

When did you order?

When did you order?
Feb14th, could say i fell for it. We've decided to see what else is out there instead but im gutted as nothing even close to the spec of the mg5 in stock or less than 6wks lead time and a lease makes it harder. Budget £250pm. Kinda screwed.

Grr, mine has been delayed to August, they emailed me to say its been pushed back and i can ring to swap brands if something else is suitable and within a faster delivery time.... obviously conta ted them and was offered a model3 ionic5 or used zoe at best. What talk about a dlap in the face. I shall be pulling out of this contract. Doubt ill be able to walk into a MG dealership and get a 5LR on lease anytime soon.

Not even 5 minutes for a phone call ?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom