• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

When's the next MG5 delivery?!!

NigelB

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi All,

I'm eagerly awaiting arrival of my new MG5 LR, ordered back end of August.
Initially I was told end of September, now being told end of November.
Getting information or a definite date is like getting blood out of a stone from my dealer so I'm turning to hopefully the people that know.
Does anyone on here know when the next shipment of MG5 EVs are due into the country?
I have searched everywhere I can think but to no avail, and having no actual date to look forward to is driving me insane.

Hoping someone can give me an idea before I go mad.

NigelB

Last edited:
Not sure the dates of shipments really helps, though someone may know them. As has been spoken of above, quite a few have arrived this month but it can take some weeks after that before you get the car.

According to my dealer when I picked mine up, the sales went mental. Way above anything they expected. So I'm guessing MG are just trying to catch-up to the overwhelming demand

I ordered end of August too and mine came Thursday November 11th. I think thats when the sales really kicked off

Booked my LR on end of october and was told would arrive december, but now mid november still no update :(

Miles has explained on a recent forum podcast that any given date is only a guesstimate.
There are cars coming in whenever there is space on a boat UK bound. Hopefully arrival will beat the guesstimate.

I wonder at what point the dealer actually KNOWS that for sure that yours imminent.

I suspect maybe once the vessel docks MG UK allocate cars to dealers, from then on it's all about importation procedures, transport availability and PDI checks etc.

My dealer confidently told me it was on the Euphrates Highway, a few days after it had docked and gone :) And then told me they had a def date of 21st but it could arrive earlier.

Around the same time I was given a list of registrations to choose from, which feels like the dealer is really confident that it is imminent.

My dealer has just told me that current orders are delivery in March due to unprecedented demand! As growth has substantially exceeded expectations, the supply chain cannot keep up even in China!

It's too cheap, that's why. It may not have all the bells and whistles of some of the premium brands but No other comparable size & standard EV is even close at the current price, not forgetting the generous Affinity pricing!

Also I think EVs are suddenly becoming somewhat more mainstream, and I feel that something, maybe the pandemic in some way, has given some people a lump of money they wouldn't previously have had.

If I'm right, the downside for existing owners of course is more pressure on the public charging network.

I ordered end of August too and mine came Thursday November 11th. I think thats when the sales really kicked off
I saw on another thread that you ordered 27th August?
I ordered on the 25th, so by my reckoning I should have mine too!
Flawed reckoning involved here though as I haven’t even got a notification.
To make matters worse they said they had a grey one and if I wanted grey, which I did, I could have it on 25th September, which is the date on my order paperwork.
Grey car unfortunately has disappeared into the ether with the dealer totally blanking the fact they said this.

My dealer rang me this morning while I was teaching so I couldn't take the call.
I got all excited and rang back at breaktime, only to be told he has two customers with my first name and he had rung me by mistake....
Apparently I'm still on for January....

I was expecting mine this week, and was hoping to get it in time for a short break planned for Mon - Thurs next week, but found out today that it won't be ready.

Disappointed but maybe it's for the best that it's first journey is over 200 miles...

My dealer rang me this morning while I was teaching so I couldn't take the call.
I got all excited and rang back at breaktime, only to be told he has two customers with my first name and he had rung me by mistake....
Apparently I'm still on for January....
That's a kick in the crotch

Yeah, definitely took the wind out of my sails. Glad to hear you're enjoying MG pilot but sorry charging experience wasn't ideal.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom