• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

When's the next MG5 delivery?!!

So near and yet so far...

I was about to leave to walk to the station to go and get my new car when the dealer rang.

Apparently the one that's there isn't mine. The chassis number is out by one digit "somewhere in the middle", and its an Exclusive instead of an Excite. The chassis number isn't in their database anywhere, so they don't know who's it is or who has my car. :cry:

Investigations are continuing!

I asked my dealership earlier this week as my date is last week in Nov but was told mid- late Nov. I was told you can’t track the vehicle but is should be here any day so just hoping it lands soon because being excited for the car gets tiring 😀

Mine is due for delivery tomorrow the 20th . . . . but the dealer still hasn't got the confirmation email so I guess not tomorrow then!

Was the 20th the original estimated date?

Mine was due "by October 29th", picked it up November 11th.
My car has been sat at Southampton awaiting transport sine 3rd November, dealer said the delivery booked for tomorrow has been put back to mid next week, so no car for a few days.

Apparently there are over 10,000 MGs awaiting chips before loading in China!

My car has been sat at Southampton awaiting transport sine 3rd November, dealer said the delivery booked for tomorrow has been put back to mid next week, so no car for a few days.

Apparently there are over 10,000 MGs awaiting chips before loading in China!
Yeah, talking to the dealer, the dock can have so many random delays.

So near and yet so far...

I was about to leave to walk to the station to go and get my new car when the dealer rang.

Apparently the one that's there isn't mine. The chassis number is out by one digit "somewhere in the middle", and its an Exclusive instead of an Excite. The chassis number isn't in their database anywhere, so they don't know who's it is or who has my car. :cry:

Investigations are continuing!
Update on my delivery... Transport company has admitted error (and currently on the receiving end of MG's wrath :LOL: ). My car has been located somewhere "down south", and the car at my dealer should be in Wales. Should all get sorted out by the end of next week. Hopefully!

Update on my delivery... Transport company has admitted error (and currently on the receiving end of MG's wrath :LOL: ). My car has been located somewhere "down south", and the car at my dealer should be in Wales. Should all get sorted out by the end of next week. Hopefully!
Don’t suppose it’s a blue lr exclusive. Was told 22nd for my delivery but heard nothing so far.

Mine due is white so hopefully was on same shipment, and even more hopefully it hasn’t been sent somewhere else.

Interesting, I ordered mine beginning of Oct and have been given a date of 20th Jan. I guess different dealers / companies may have pre-ordered vehicles in anticipation.

Interesting, I ordered mine beginning of Oct and have been given a date of 20th Jan. I guess different dealers / companies may have pre-ordered vehicles in anticipation.
Yes think that was case when I ordered mine. They had an allocation of white LR exclusives and I got last one, so they were already expecting them. Expected this month but no sign yet from dealer other than it could be any day.

Ordered second half of September and still no word on mine yet. 🙁

I got told if I ordered now, I would not get the car till Apr.
On that premise; if you ordered in Sept - then worst case scenario is Feb for your car if it was factory made and not pre bought

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom