When's the next MG5 delivery?!!

Ordered my lr excl in red back in Sept. Still appear to be looking at June.
I ordered early November and my dealer wouldn't even give me a date. Yet they had some stock cars coming in so have managed to swap over. Might be worth seeing if you can do the same if you're as impatient as I am

Ordered my red LR Exclusive early February and was told to expect it May, possibly April. I suspect I'm going to be disappointed.

911 MG registrations in February. Shockingly bad number of deliveries. By comparison it was 831 in Feb 2021. That was before LR MG5 and ZS EV face-lift.

We ordered our Exclusive via a lease scheme in Jan - we went for grey as we were told they had those on order already and one would be reserved for us. Delivery scheduled for 1 March.

On 1 March we were told that our car had arrived at the port but hadn't yet made it to the dealer - and that we should expect it within two weeks. Last week we were told it was delayed due to a 'fitment delay' and the new date would be 23 May.

Does anyone know - is a fitment delay basically that it hasn't been built yet? My assumption is they didn't receive enough cars to fulfil all their orders.

We ordered our Exclusive via a lease scheme in Jan - we went for grey as we were told they had those on order already and one would be reserved for us. Delivery scheduled for 1 March.

On 1 March we were told that our car had arrived at the port but hadn't yet made it to the dealer - and that we should expect it within two weeks. Last week we were told it was delayed due to a 'fitment delay' and the new date would be 23 May.

Does anyone know - is a fitment delay basically that it hasn't been built yet? My assumption is they didn't receive enough cars to fulfil all their orders.
I am not sure but there was someone saying that they were shipping the cars with missing semi conductors and then flying the chips out to be fitted at Portside in the UK to try and mitigate shipping delays. Could be that?

Oh really? How interesting - thanks for the response. It's frustrating to say the least - but luckily I hadn't been organised enough to sell our old car yet!

Ordered mine in November. Coming end of this month.

I phoned Nathanial Cars in Bridgend to chase my order yesterday and they managed to find stock for me. I was originally told June.

Its from Burnley Chorley Nissan Group, in Silver not sure about the trim and i have not seen one in silver yet so i hope it looks ok. i dont live far away so i have a walk there in the morning.
I collect mine from there in about 9 hours :) found it online last Sunday and collect Friday. It's a pre reg 22 plate in white (the last one they had) apparently they had 30 in stock and sold them all in 7 days. :) (Exclusive LR)

Ordered my red LR Exclusive early February and was told to expect it May, possibly April. I suspect I'm going to be disappointed.
I ordered mine on the 28/02/22. got told a similar time frame. worst case 16 weeks, but he thought it would be 12.

Ordered a LR exclusive on 26th November with a projected delivery date of 31st March. Had a call in Feb from the dealer to say should be available 1st March:). Then found out delivery was 7th March:(. On 11th March dealer said stock being delivered this week:).Today no reply to my enquiry about its whereabouts😩. Maybe it will turn up one day...

Slow boat from China springs to mind, I'm sure they are doing all they can, does explain the second hand price staying so high, as space and range even the SR make it one of the best deals on the market as it has been for some time. Driving is such a pleasure I go slower to spend more time in my 5

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom