Where can I find my service history without MG iSmart?

CathyGunner

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I purchased an MG5 demonstrator in October 23, and have been waiting since then for the dealership to unbind it so that I can bind it to the iSmart app on my phone. Can anyone tell me how to access my service history without using the app? I'm told the car was serviced back in November while it was supposedly being fixed. The dealer said they'd do it free of charge because of all the problems I've been having but I now have no evidence that it has been done.

Ours hasn’t been in for a service yet but I don’t think one can access the service history on the iSMART app for the MG5

I purchased an MG5 demonstrator in October 23, and have been waiting since then for the dealership to unbind it so that I can bind it to the iSmart app on my phone. Can anyone tell me how to access my service history without using the app? I'm told the car was serviced back in November while it was supposedly being fixed. The dealer said they'd do it free of charge because of all the problems I've been having but I now have no evidence that it has been done.
I had a quick look I cannot see the service history in the app.
MG5 FL

The dealer will have the only access to the service history.
Unfortunately theses days, the paper service schedule books are a thing of the past 👎.
The only proof the owner receives is the paper invoice now.

I had the same issue, my MG5 FL was an ex demonstrator, I had no proof of service when I bought it, I returned to the dealer and they gave me a printout just to say it had been done a couple of months earlier. Unlike my previous Hyundai which came with a few pages listing everything that had been done or may be needed in the future the MG printout listed nothing, I wasn’t impressed, I like to know these things but there doesn’t seem to be that option.

Its due for its next service in August and I’ll be asking for more detail as I think it’s only right that if I’m paying for something I should be able to see what I’m paying for.

The dealer should have a check off sheet that they use to perform the correct schedule of work that matches the requirements laid down by MG.
Ask them before the service to provide you with one.

I had the same issue, my MG5 FL was an ex demonstrator, I had no proof of service when I bought it, I returned to the dealer and they gave me a printout just to say it had been done a couple of months earlier. Unlike my previous Hyundai which came with a few pages listing everything that had been done or may be needed in the future the MG printout listed nothing, I wasn’t impressed, I like to know these things but there doesn’t seem to be that option.

Its due for its next service in August and I’ll be asking for more detail as I think it’s only right that if I’m paying for something I should be able to see what I’m paying for.
Much the same for me . When I enquired about the service history at the local MG dealership using the vehicle reg , they knew nothing about it . Yet when I booked my second service earlier this month, they somehow had all the original details :unsure:.
As you say, much easier with Hyundai where I could log in and all the car's service history was revealed (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ask (you guessed it) for printout/copy of car details/service record off their system. As to iSmart I would ask, given whoever initiated the Bind may no longer be present, they 'unbind' via the MG computer system?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom