Where did the towbar go?

I had my towbar fitted last month, the original towbar from MG at the dealers, its just for transporting bikes so no problem with the weight restrictions. Was expensive but at least it doesn't affect the warranty.

I had Witter removable tow bar fitted 10 months ago. Cost £480 fitted in Wrexham. I Tow a 6'.6" Williams trailer with a golf buggy on it. With no problem at all. But tge car uses the battery up twice as quick as you would normally use. So you need to plan if driving a long distance. I only tow for 70 miles and it uses 49% of battery life.
Can you not hire a buggy when you get there?

I had my towbar fitted last month, the original towbar from MG at the dealers, its just for transporting bikes so no problem with the weight restrictions. Was expensive but at least it doesn't affect the warranty.
Any one used the roof rack bars for the bike racks / I'm considering the towbar from Witter but £700 is a tad steep - For a bike rack when I have the Roof on our ZS Exclusive as an option ?
Flipping that to my wife mobility scooter & I still might end up spending that £700 re in a mini trailer for her Scooter to go in ... so that could be money well spent if I can find a suitable mini trailer ;-)

Any one used the roof rack bars for the bike racks / I'm considering the towbar from Witter but £700 is a tad steep - For a bike rack when I have the Roof on our ZS Exclusive as an option ?
Flipping that to my wife mobility scooter & I still might end up spending that £700 re in a mini trailer for her Scooter to go in ... so that could be money well spent if I can find a suitable mini trailer ;-)
Have a tow bar but not used the roof bars, however using them will hit your range far harder than the tow bar will.

Have a tow bar but not used the roof bars, however using them will hit your range far harder than the tow bar will.
Interestingly I noted that with my Leaf with the bikes on the Roof - But I did it so infrequently, I think I can handle the range lost / recharge costs easier than nearly 1K for tow bar and bike rack for tow bar.. Would take quiet a few uses and to actually save money to re-coup that initial outlay - When I have the roof kit already ?

Incidentally since my last post I've found a scooter trailer company ... So all of the above may be white washed if we get a trailer hahah

Pity MG don't have a towbar for the MG5. The latest model supposedly does, but not the first model. It's an estate car, supposedly. You would think as 'estate' car would have the facility.
Completely agree. Lovely though it is the MG5 is NOT an "estate car" - it's a hatchback, and should be advertised as such. Not even a particularly versatile hatchback - it's all I can do to get one bike in the back. My old diesel Peugeot 307 is what I call an estate car : did a trip to Utrecht with four passengers and three bikes plus luggage earlier this year. The fact that it won't take a towbar should be made plain in advertising.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom