Which Colour ?

DON

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Was going to order Black, then I saw the Red very nice deep colour, I know the Red is Tri coat is it harder wearing then the normal metallic?

Gone for Black this time, my gen1 is Red. Not sure if its much more hard wearing than the other colours, it has an additional coat but I don't know if its that thick! :)

Was going to order Black, then I saw the Red very nice deep colour, I know the Red is Tri coat is it harder wearing then the normal metallic?
It is supposed to be harder wearing and less fading, I have the current red one and love the colour, I have ordered a mod2 in the same. Of course we don't know if it actually IS less fading because it's only 2 years old. Absolutely my favourite (and therefore the best) colour. :D

Last edited:
I have a red Mk1, lovely colour but a pig to match, if you are, as I was, a victim of car park scratch. although small it was very costly to have done £350.00, tried genuine touch up pen first, waste of £20. 00. Paint match of repair not perfect either, as you can tell if you know its been done, as an ex body shop manager I know how difficult it is with normal 2 coat paints, 3 coats is asking for trouble so beware.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom