Whose side are you on!

OriginalBigAl

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
Only me, so do not take this to seriously. Like most I have my favourite stretches of country roads, which previous to my SE LR where taken in a diesel 307 , and enjoyable up to when you had to overtake a slower car. The MG4 has opened up new overtaking possibilities and consequently I am finding myself more and more on the "wrong" side of the road. If I had a X power then I guess that this would happen more often, and so should I ask the question ,which is the better option : LHD or RHD or would a Mc Laren central driving position be more beneficial? Especially as some are taking to the track on trackdays. Points to ponder for any new facelifted future versions, cheaper to manufacture , as all countries get the same version, perfect 50/50 sideways weight distribution , a child seat each side of the drivers, so you can scare two nieces/nephews at the same time. Entry /exit from either side for those awkward car park moments. Vision improved as the A pillars angle of distraction is changed. So you don't hit your head on the mirror, twin mirrors ,left and right, and also twin cameras for 3D vision on twin screens. also left and right. Anyone else like to add? :giggle:

I drove a LHD Fiat barchetta for a few years the only real annoyance was car park barriers that required ticket collection and insertion.

For parking it is great as you get out onto the pavement.
For overtaking has advantages when the road bends to the left as you get sight past the car in front but the obvious downsides with right hand bends and straight roads (does mean you allow for more of a gap as you are less sure)

LHD does freak out passenger, especially if they are drivers as they feel they should have a steering wheel and pedals when they are on the right side of the car

RHD for me all the way 😁👍. Much better visibility for overtaking ... just hang back a bit and slightly to the right for good visibility past the vehicle in front ... then whoosh ... you're past in a second or two 🤣

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom