Why don’t the dealership know

BillyWhizz

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I have ordered a new MG5 EV I asked about drive away insurance and was told we don’t do that I also asked about breakdown cover and was told no you don’t get that i only found out they should be offering driveway insurance and the AA cover why don’t they know this ?

I have ordered a new MG5 EV I asked about drive away insurance and was told we don’t do that I also asked about breakdown cover and was told no you don’t get that i only found out they should be offering driveway insurance and the AA cover why don’t they know this ?
Use a different dealer if you can...

They Haven’t started off very well have they?

Mine said NO to drive away insurance but as far as I know AA cover is from MG UK so not actually from the dealer...pretty poor

I agree - it’s very much a national market for buying cars these days. You can still have it serviced locally. Distance selling rules are very much in the buyers favour too.

Found this on the web site

Attachments

• B8427702-A85C-47B0-AF58-E7C6664B3426.jpeg
    B8427702-A85C-47B0-AF58-E7C6664B3426.jpeg
    278.4 KB · Views: 115
Because they are shite !.
Go to another dealer or you will regret it.

There is drive away cover from MG. I asked Richmond Southampton Sales team member for it and they gave me a leaflet. Then I had to call to make a new quotation/drive away policy. Then received quotation and drive away policy through my email. Dealer doesn't do that as you need to answer all questions like for any other insurance policy.

I understand that don’t get me wrong the dealership has been great but I seem to be more knowledgeable about MG than they are
Your right billy and there’s one or two more the same according to some of the reports on here and other forums but the head office is the worse I have ever had dealings with

The dealers have been thrown in at the deep end alright.
Years and years of plodding along on pretty standard ICE cars, then BOOM !.
Then like a shoot completely out of the blue :-
"What the hell is this thing, it's a WHAT ..... a electric car, what the hell is one of them ?".
Like your first visit to the local swimming baths as a child and you mistake the deep end from the shallow end.
Similar feeling of fear when you first jump in !.
The dealers / Tech's may have found the baptism of fire a little easier to deal with, if they had a PHEV to deal with first, before a full on BEV.
Some - but not all, are going to drown in the technical tidal wave of information.
Sink or swim people - there is nothing in between I am afraid.
It's takes a lot of hard work and time to build up a good reputation that people can trust.
A BAD reputation can be achieved in weeks, but can last for years and years.

I think that from a dealer car maintenance and basic understanding point of view an EV is much easier to understand and maintain than an ICE. Like a lot of people on here have, you learn very quickly if you make the effort and have a real interest in the car. It really is not that complicated. It’s not that technical either for dealerships. Yes, if you want to dive deep into the technical stuff it can get quite complex, but for what dealers require this is not needed, and they have separate support from MG for this anyway. What are the causes of the issues customers are encountering? Is it lack of support from MG to the dealerships? Well a few of the dealers seem to do very well while others are very poor. Is it a culture inherent in the motor trade? Is it resistance to change? Lack of recruits with sufficient interest? Lack of sufficient training? There are a few members on this forum who could provide feedback and stand up and show MG how to quickly learn what you need to about the EV’s within the brand and provide a better service to customers.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom