Will Halfords fit a dash cam?

Neil Fellows

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I've done a few searches and read a few posts regarding dash cam fitting for the MG5 and noticed there's conflicting reports on Halfords ability to fit a dash cam to an EV. I'm booked in this Sunday for a fitting so time will tell, but wondered if anyone else has been successful with Halfords?

I'm mindful I could do it myself but don't have the time.

I don't think it's about their ability, just that they have a policy not to do it.
Some may be unaware of that and others may ignore it so it's the luck of the draw.

I'm picking up my MG5 in a couple of weeks. The dealer has agreed to fit the dashcam and rear window cam before handover. Dropped the cameras and the fitting kit off at the weekend. They are charging for 1 hour to fit it.

Finally found some time to fit mine this weekend. Surprised just how easy it was (made MUCH easier by the kind folks on here and their advice).

After removing the side panel I tried to lower the panel under the steering column after removing the screws / clips but it just didn't want to budge. I was concerned I'd break something so managed without moving it.

A pain to get the fuse out but other than that it was quite straightforward. Forgot to add the ferrite core but (so far) it does not interfere with the radio FM/DAB.

It does require a little bravery to use the force needed to release the clips. Levering it forward slightly by something non marking between the two clips that are held closed by the screws under the side panel helps. That stops the clips reengaging and starts it moving.

At least your ferrite core was removable, I had to pull the cable through from the back because of a moulded on core

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom