Wind noise over approx 55mph

Amun

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
As per the title, my MG5 seems to suffer from wind noise - either from the pillar or maybe even from the roof bars. The noise increases on higher speeds, and is silent under 50mph ish. I don't think that it's a problem with the seals, as I can't feel any draught at all.

Does anyone else have the same problem?

I have a very irritating squeak from the seals in the drivers door, it's annoying as hell, can't say I've noticed any increase in wind noise, but I do generally drive around with the radio in.

As per the title, my MG5 seems to suffer from wind noise - either from the pillar or maybe even from the roof bars. The noise increases on higher speeds, and is silent under 50mph ish. I don't think that it's a problem with the seals, as I can't feel any draught at all.

My FL does have a bit of wind noise at higher speeds. Seems a little more than my previous cars. It is not constant and comes and go. I think this is partly door and partly roof bars.

It has not been consistent or loud enough to really bother me yet.

Thats said my friend has an MG4 which he took to the dealer and they sorted his. His was a lot worse than mine.

Yep it was the first thing I noticed, I was so surprised that the noise was so high, especially as one of the major reasons for buying an EV was a quieter drive, as a sound engineer I’m always careful of my hearing environments, the thought of a whisper quiet car is very attractive . Given there is no engine noise it seems surprisingly high, I wouldn’t say it’s true to say you notice it more because there is no engine as it simply would be additional sound , the overall noise level should be quieter & it is at lower speeds for sure but the faster my MG5 goes the wind noise certainly increases much than I thought it might. I’d be really interested to know the cause.

The MG5 is not very well insulated, probably more cost cutting. Both road and wind noise above 50 are much more noticeable on the 5 than my previous ICE car and even my wife's Corsa electric is quieter which I think dispels other comments that it's more noticeable due to the lack of engine noise.

The MG5 is not very well insulated, probably more cost cutting. Both road and wind noise above 50 are much more noticeable on the 5 than my previous ICE car and even my wife's Corsa electric is quieter which I think dispels other comments that it's more noticeable due to the lack of engine noise.
Agreed... It's noticably noisier at most speeds than my diesel ICE. I've never seen it mentioned in any reviews, though.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom