Windshield fogging

allesich

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Has anyone experienced the MG5 to be especially prone to windshield fogging?
I already stored a de-humidifier in the boot and try to use external air as much as possible.
The letter improved the situation a bit. But still there is an excessive amount of humidity coming from somewhere.

Use the front screen demist, when clear turn off and turn on aircon and leave it on, it uses very little power.

Upvote 0
Has anyone experienced the MG5 to be especially prone to windshield fogging?
I already stored a de-humidifier in the boot and try to use external air as much as possible.
The letter improved the situation a bit. But still there is an excessive amount of humidity coming from somewhere.
I own a MG5lr and also a 38 Kwh Ioniq, it has a built in auto demist function (ADS) to keep windows clear. People on the Ioniq forums complain about it! They don't like the cold air the system pushes into the cabin to clear the misting up problem. The Ford Focus and the Skoda Citigo come up in a quick google search for condensation problems. other cars are affected as MGJimmy. Posted. Here are some posts about Hyundai's problems

Window fogging up problem Hi fellow Ioniq Owners,
Winter is here and once again we all have to deal with our window fogging up quite significantly. I have owned 3 other cars but never had window fogging up like the Ioniq.
How do you deal with window fogging up in your Ioniq? Do you use any product like Rain-X antifog or anything like that? Does it help?

Window fogging up problem

HCondensation problems 'Anyone got a good way of stopping condensation on inner car windows. I find my new car very bad for condensation on inside windows when cold and it take a age to clear with fans on full. Anyone got any tips on how to reduce build up.
Have you found this to be a problematic on these models.' https://www.ioniqforum.com/threads/condensation.18706/ere's the link to the Ioniq forum 3 posts relating to this problem.

Auto defog annoying Is there any way to turn off the auto defogger? It’ll be cold and I’ll keep trying to put the front and leg heaters on and the car switches to auto Defog. Then if I try to switch it back to hands and feet right away, it goes back to auto defog for a few minutes. ''Auto defog annoying

I have found the air con on the MGs to be effective but I also tend to drive with the window open even if only an inch anyway.

Upvote 0
It's an electric car thing, every one I've driven has had foggy windscreen issues. Luckily it's easy to fix, with the quick heating electric heater and the demister.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom