Winter tyres

hmadsen

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
So maybe i am out a bit early, but i just want to be ahead.

So, winter tyres.

I have not seen any offerings for winter tyres from MG, for my 2022 LR, have anyone seen any, and were there any prices ?

TPMS sensors, is it possible to have 2 sets of sensors registered, or is it necessary to have them coded every time ?

TPMS sensors, is it possible to have 2 sets of sensors registered, or is it necessary to have them coded every time ?
So if you run 2nd set of wheels you can just Clone the tpms that you already have I have found this the easiest when cars doesn't allow 8 tpms

Winter tyres will be readily available for the tyre size fitted to the ZS. Early summer isn't the best time for getting a good range of winter tyres (even here in Scotland!) but a quick look shows premium makes at around £150/160 per tyre. Not sure how that translates to the prices you would find in Denmark but I'd be surprised if you had any problem finding them.

As for the TPMS sensors, I'm not sure if the MG system is any different from others? On my Mercedes E Class for example, I bought a set of after market alloys with winter tyres and TPMS sensors. When I switch my wheels in spring and autumn the car picks up the new sensors after driving for a few minutes, no coding required.

I think some countries require full winter?
I run goodyear vector 4 all season tyres on my wife's car there very good all year round but you would definitely lose range on a ev
If you run all season tyres definitely don't go for ones that only have M+S as any manufacturer can add that with out testing you really need the 3PMSF a picture of a mountain as they have to be tested
Screenshot_20220614_013648.jpg

Last edited:
Why not go for all-seasons, then you won't have to have two sets of wheels? Mine worked very well when we had deep snow.
I have Cross Climate tyres on our "second car".

This car is mainly used in a city enviroment, and it is not a "Must run every day" car, so if the weather is really bad, we can opt to not drive it.

The ZS is a "MUST drive" car, so i prefer a seperate set of winter tyres.

I do know that all year tyres have gotten a LOT better in recent years, but i have still not seen a test that says it is AS good as a proper winter tyre.

Back to the days where there were no "Cross Climate" tyres, all season tyres were "Equally bad both in winter and summer".

I might end up going for some Cross Climate tyres in the end, it's not like we have a LOT of winter days anymore though.

The Cross Climate tyres on the second car is 4-5 years old, so maybe they have made newer version of the Cross Climate that is even better now.

I have Cross Climate tyres on our "second car".

This car is mainly used in a city enviroment, and it is not a "Must run every day" car, so if the weather is really bad, we can opt to not drive it.

The ZS is a "MUST drive" car, so i prefer a seperate set of winter tyres.

I do know that all year tyres have gotten a LOT better in recent years, but i have still not seen a test that says it is AS good as a proper winter tyre.

Back to the days where there were no "Cross Climate" tyres, all season tyres were "Equally bad both in winter and summer".

I might end up going for some Cross Climate tyres in the end, it's not like we have a LOT of winter days anymore though.

The Cross Climate tyres on the second car is 4-5 years old, so maybe they have made newer version of the Cross Climate that is even better now.
There is a video at Tamworth indoor ski slope comparing summer tyres, winter tyres and Michellin Cross Climates. Same car for all three. The car with summer tyres could not drive up the slope. The car with winter tyres could drive up the slope. The car with Michellin cross climates could drive up the slope, albeit a little bit slower than the car with winter tyres.

So, winter tyres.

I have not seen any offerings for winter tyres from MG, for my 2022 LR, have anyone seen any, and were there any prices ?

Hi there, here's my tuppen'th.

You don't need to get your tyres from MG, just write down the tyre specs such as 195/55 R16 92 and use that spec on an internet-based tyre supplier such as :

and select winter tyres.

So, winter tyres.

Just a heads up, when customers put winter tyres on their MG ZS EV at the MG dealership I work at, we recommend they inform their insurers - as some insurers require you to inform them.

Just a heads up, when customers put winter tyres on their MG ZS EV at the MG dealership I work at, we recommend they inform their insurers - as some insurers require you to inform them.
I have never heard of this being an issue in Denmark where i live, so i think i will leave that advice up to the UK owners to worry about :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom