wipers and washers fail to operate

DaveG

Standard Member
Reaction score
I drove my car this morning on an errand, on my return to it the front and rear wipers and washers would not operate, Drove home with no car fully in the rain.
Once home powered on and off a number of times.
Got out the manual and looked for appropriate fuses and then powered up again to see if anything else was effected windows sun roof etc all OK.
Then the wipers operated automatically
Checked wiper and washer controls and all good.

Anyone else experienced this intermittent fault..?

I must admit that I'm still unsure how the various wiper setting work! I just fiddle with them and they seem to work ok!:oops:

Not had this problem but had similarly odd issues that right themselves. I’ve often suspected that they arise when the start button/brake pedal sequence is rushed. These situations seem to affect my wife, whom is always in a rush, more than myself.

I.m currently have the same issue. My zs ev 2020 model will not operate the front wipers or water jets if the car is stationary. However they do work when the car is moving. Did any find out if this a standard factory setting or a fault? Seems a fault to me.

I.m currently have the same issue. My zs ev 2020 model will not operate the front wipers or water jets if the car is stationary. However they do work when the car is moving. Did any find out if this a standard factory setting or a fault? Seems a fault to me.

It would fail an MOT for this, so it’s definitely a fault.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom