Wipers not working.

MG5 2022 driver

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Started driving my MG5 (Facelift version) when light rain started fpalling. No matter what I did with the wiper stalk nothing happened. Stopped the car and shut down the engine. Wipers immediately started.

Started the engine again and wipers worked properly.

Any thoughts or solutions?

No but is the rain sensing mode any good for other people.

Mine seems to have a mind of it's own and has little bearing on how hard it's raining.
I would say it was OK for me most of the time though have had a few occasions where I've turned it off for being over enthusiastic and sometimes for being a little slow to react but generally speaking it's fine. Easy enough to override of course. That said, if there were an option to remove the rain sensing panel for a bit more upper windscreen visibility and to go back to 100% human wiper control I'd probably take that!

I haven't found auto rain sensing to work for me in either car - but at least in the Ford I can turn it off. I find it much better to do it manually.

I have had this once on my pre facelift SR. Stop and start cleared the fault. I think it was caused by trying to switch things on too quickly on start up

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom