Wireless android auto

Ellibob

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all,
Has anyone tried to fit an echo dot 2nd gen ( USB powered ) to mg zs ev for hands free calls etc.got one spare if it would work to achieve wireless android auto

Hi all,
Has anyone tried to fit an echo dot 2nd gen ( USB powered ) to mg zs ev for hands free calls etc.got one spare if it would work to achieve wireless android auto
Hi @Ellibob
Sorry, you will not be able to beam your Android phone application to MG ZS EV screen without either connecting your phone to infotainment via a USB cable or connect a wireless android auto adaptor via a USB cable (and in turn connect the phone to wireless android auto adaptor).

Echo dot does not work as a Wireless Android Auto adapter.

There is a wireless AA dongle currently for sale on Indiegogo and this one:

If you click pre-order all you do is give them your email (you don't pay now or give them anything other than your email address) and when it's ready for UK shipping they will give you 20% discount because you clicked the preorder.

As soon as it becomes available I'm going to be buying it. It's so tedious plugging in the phone every time and it means you can use a wireless charger at the same time, plus finding space for your phone if it's plugged in. If mine isn't in the cup holder if flies about the cabin under acceleration.

A number of people already have AAWireless and I’m on the June delivery list (they’re running about 3 months behind with delivery). If you search the forum you’ll find some of the people who already have it and it seems like the answer to your problem.

You can also do similar without the echo dot ... if you use the google assistant & your phone is connected via Bluetooth you can switch to the media player screen and issue google commands hands free.

A number of people already have AAWireless and I’m on the June delivery list (they’re running about 3 months behind with delivery). If you search the forum you’ll find some of the people who already have it and it seems like the answer to your problem.

You can also do similar without the echo dot ... if you use the google assistant & your phone is connected via Bluetooth you can switch to the media player screen and issue google commands hands free.
I have echo dot working in my car!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-08-08-17-29-48-882_com.google.android.apps.photos~2.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-08-08-17-29-48-882_com.google.android.apps.photos~2.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 493
Agree with "mystreet" please tell

The Echo Dot fits perfectly in the MGEV cupholder to add Alexa app applications. I can now use voice commands to open my gates, turn on driveway lights, house lights. Turn on and set house heating receive notifications from Amazon etc,etc.

Screenshot_2021-08-08-17-29-48-882_com.google.android.apps.photos~3.jpg

You can do all of that stuff with your phone plugged and just using Google voice 🤷🏼‍♂️
My phone is always plugged in and I can tell it to turn lights on, turn the robot vacuum on, turn appliances on and off etc

Or if you're adamant on having Alexa there's also a dedicated Amazon car device (Amazon Echo Auto) which means your cupholder won't be out of action.
Although I do applaud your ingenuity!

There is also the Alexa app on your phone to do the same.
You are missing the point as it is not completely hands free, when driving, using the Alexa app or Google Voice

The Alexa dot integrates with all my systems, electric gates, house heating, lighting etc. At £20 in a cex store for a echo dot, a cheap option to integrate completely hands free voice activation to your car just like Toyota have done at a premium cost in some models.

Anyway, Mystreet and Ellibob asked me so share how I did this which I have done

Last edited:
The Echo Dot fits perfectly in the MGEV cupholder to add Alexa app applications. I can now use voice commands to open my gates, turn on driveway lights, house lights. Turn on and set house heating receive notifications from Amazon etc,etc.

View attachment 4360
Thanks for showing this, however I have to ask what the benefit is over this versus plugging in your phone and using the Alexa app or Google assistant? After all this can’t make phone calls so you’ll need your phone as well

You are missing the point as it is not completely hands free, when driving, using the Alexa app or Google Voice

The Alexa dot integrates with all my systems, electric gates, house heating, lighting etc. At £20 in a cex store for a echo dot, a cheap option to integrate completely hands free voice activation to your car just like Toyota have done at a premium cost in some models.
Using your phone is completely hands free if you have your settings correct.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom