Wireless CarPlay Adapter

Colin E

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I was not happy with having to plug in my iPhone every time I wanted hands-free phone access in the MGZSEV, via Apple CarPlay. Found a neat little Wireless CarPlay Adapter on Amazon. It was a bit pricey (AUS$99.95), but works well. Uses very little power, so I leave it connected all the time. Dimensions in mm: 55x55x15
Wireless CarPlay Adapter for iPhone - 2022 Upgrade Wired to Wireless Apple Carplay Dongle - 5GHz WiFi, Low Latency, Easy-to-lnstall, Plug & Play
Wireless CarPlay Adapter.png

I was not happy with having to plug in my iPhone every time I wanted hands-free phone access in the MGZSEV, via Apple CarPlay. Found a neat little Wireless CarPlay Adapter on Amazon. It was a bit pricey (AUS$99.95), but works well. Uses very little power, so I leave it connected all the time. Dimensions in mm: 55x55x15
Wireless CarPlay Adapter for iPhone - 2022 Upgrade Wired to Wireless Apple Carplay Dongle - 5GHz WiFi, Low Latency, Easy-to-lnstall, Plug & Play
View attachment 8353
I wonder if its possible to have two adapter's always connected. One for Android , one or Apple (even on thecsane charging lead with multiple heads). I for instance dont like Apple and always use Android, whilst my wife is the opposite. That said I'm likely to use the infotainment unit as I've ordered the Connect and have the full Amazon music service anyway. Also, in fact it's just as likely that I will continue to just use (some if the time) my stand alone very new and very good TomTom satnav. My last car which kicked the bucket a few weeks back, had no inbuilt sat nav or connectivity for ApplePlay or Android equivalent. Particularly with this issue of the cameras coming on and turning the infotainment maps off when turning at lights.

I wonder if its possible to have two adapter's always connected. One for Android , one or Apple (even on thecsane charging lead with multiple heads). I for instance dont like Apple and always use Android, whilst my wife is the opposite. That said I'm likely to use the infotainment unit as I've ordered the Connect and have the full Amazon music service anyway. Also, in fact it's just as likely that I will continue to just use (some if the time) my stand alone very new and very good TomTom satnav. My last car which kicked the bucket a few weeks back, had no inbuilt sat nav or connectivity for ApplePlay or Android equivalent. Particularly with this issue of the cameras coming on and turning the infotainment maps off when turning at lights.
And I thought I had problems! Fortunately I don't need satnav for the mainly local driving that I do. One odd thing though. Returning home, when I press the button for the garage door to open. it also changes the radio station!

And I thought I had problems! Fortunately I don't need satnav for the mainly local driving that I do. One odd thing though. Returning home, when I press the button for the garage door to open. it also changes the radio station!
I use satnav locally on some journeys where there can be a lot of traffic congestion at any time. In which case it reroutes onto the least congested route. Whilst all the routes it suggest I know anyway, but as of yet I don't have a chip in my head that gets live traffic updates fed into it. Note that said traffic I am talking about could turn a 20 minute journey into an hour one.

it Works 😜
£29.43 30% Off | Mini Car Play Wireless Car Play Box For Factory Wired Car Play Car Multimedia Player Support Blue Tooth Wireless Auto Connection

A few weeks down the line and still working, well worth the money, also happy with not spending over the odds for something that the car should have had in the first place 🤔

Last edited:
I use satnav locally on some journeys where there can be a lot of traffic congestion at any time. In which case it reroutes onto the least congested route. Whilst all the routes it suggest I know anyway, but as of yet I don't have a chip in my head that gets live traffic updates fed into it. Note that said traffic I am talking about could turn a 20 minute journey into an hour one.
Couldn't agree more with this. Colleagues always used to say to me why do you put the next place in your sat nav when it's just across town - then I'd get there before them 😂

Honestly, as silly as it sounds, when I was doing 600-800 miles a week, I reckon it saved me hundreds of hours over a year.

It's less of an issue now as my mileage is less, but I still do it out of habit and I find I'm more relaxed when stuck in a jam if I know about it in advance.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom