Wireless CarPlay in Trophy - These Settings Seem To Work?

Lesterp

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
OK, so after a few different attempts, and two different wireless adapters, I think I’ve got wireless CarPlay working as well as it can in my Trophy.
The adapter I’m using is a CarLinkit 4.0, model CPC200-CP2A
Connected to car using instructions provided - connect Bluetooth, connect to Wi-Fi, check update etc.
Once all up and running, I’ve set the values on the adapter Home Screen (192.168.50.2) as shown in the attached files.
Now, I’ve found that leaving it set up like this, the connection is random, and slow - I think there are Wi-Fi conflicts which cause problems.
So I tried forgetting the adapter Wi-Fi network on my phone, forcing the adapter to connect to car via Bluetooth.
This (so far - 3 days and counting) seems to be reliable, and pretty quick to connect. All CarPlay functions work well, and screen is responsive, CarPlay info is also shown on small drivers screen - of course, things may be different in your car ….. but this might work for you.

My setup is late ‘23 reg Trophy (the updated model with rear wiper and 18” wheels) running R40 entertainment, using Genuine CarLinkit 4.0, iPhone 13 on iOS 17.4.1

Hope this helps

Attachments

• IMG_0275.jpeg
    IMG_0275.jpeg
    126.7 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_0277.png
    IMG_0277.png
    181.7 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0278.png
    IMG_0278.png
    178.8 KB · Views: 149
I've just tried this workaround, seems to work in my car as well (same as yours)
I went through the CarLinkit setup and I don't have a "knob mode"! I'd checked the software/firmware version is the latest.

Thanks, I was just about to give up on it!

Digging around a bit more and it seems that ‘knob mode’ only applies to Android Auto, not Apple CarPlay, so you’re not missing anything useful.

Still having a blank screen issue as detailed here: Carlinkit issue

CarPlay works once the screen is on by pressing a steering wheel button, the phone button or voice activation. However, pressing the CarPlay icon from the car’s main display brings up a blank screen. If I’ve been using CarPlay, switch to the car’s home page then try the car icon again to access it, the CarPlay screen appears very briefly then the screen goes blank. CarPlay is working though as swiping the screen or stabbing the point where the dashboard icon would be brings it back instantly.

I’ve tried the settings as detailed above and the problem persists. A minor problem but irritating.

Still having a blank screen issue as detailed here: Carlinkit issue

CarPlay works once the screen is on by pressing a steering wheel button, the phone button or voice activation. However, pressing the CarPlay icon from the car’s main display brings up a blank screen. If I’ve been using CarPlay, switch to the car’s home page then try the car icon again to access it, the CarPlay screen appears very briefly then the screen goes blank. CarPlay is working though as swiping the screen or stabbing the point where the dashboard icon would be brings it back instantly.

I’ve tried the settings as detailed above and the problem persists. A minor problem but irritating.
It was turning on the ‘background’ tab that fixed mine. You might try toggling this and/or the ‘sync mode’

Thanks but I’ve already tried toggling those two in all combinations. I’ve probably spent several hours trying all sorts of different setting combinations before posting on here.

I was hoping someone had the exact issue I am describing and had a definite fix. Beginning to think it is just a quirk of my car/carlink unit!

Thanks again for trying to help.

OK, so after a few different attempts, and two different wireless adapters, I think I’ve got wireless CarPlay working as well as it can in my Trophy.
Connected to car using instructions provided - connect Bluetooth, connect to Wi-Fi, check update etc.
Once all up and running, I’ve set the values on the adapter Home Screen (192.168.50.2) as shown in the attached files.
Now, I’ve found that leaving it set up like this, the connection is random, and slow - I think there are Wi-Fi conflicts which cause problems.
So I tried forgetting the adapter Wi-Fi network on my phone, forcing the adapter to connect to car via Bluetooth.
This (so far - 3 days and counting) seems to be reliable, and pretty quick to connect. All CarPlay functions work well, and screen is responsive, CarPlay info is also shown on small drivers screen - of course, things may be different in your car ….. but this might work for you.

My setup is late ‘23 reg Trophy (the updated model with rear wiper and 18” wheels) running R40 entertainment, using Genuine CarLinkit 4.0, iPhone 13 on iOS 17.4.1

Hope this helps
Sorry but why would you need the Carlink kit if the car has apple Carplay standard with a cable?

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the common causes of an unstable connection is forgetting to remove the original Bluetooth connection with your phone . The Head unit then gets confused and tries to connect to your phone direct instead of the Carlinkit Bluetooth. .

Oh I see, I’m having problems with my hands free mic both Bluetooth and cable. Both are very low volume when driving about 50 and the recipient can’t hear me due to background noise of the road? Do you have these problems as well?

Hope this helps
Hi Lesterp,

Is it working with Carlinkit 5.0 too as well? I am not sure, as I want to buy one.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom