Wireless Carplay Option

I bought a CarLinKit 4 for wireless CarPlay, but have problems connecting the Bluetooth. It keeps showing connecting, my phone is showing the maps and the recommended route to work, just as I would to the car’s Bluetooth connection, but then disconnects, and then it goes back into this loop of connecting- disconnecting. If a CarLinkit 2 works, obviously CarLinkit 4 should work too, right? Has anyone experienced this issue?
Have you deleted your Bluetooth connection between the phone and car? With the Carlinkit you can’t have BT connection both direct car and also to the Carlinkit.

The carlinkit are going about £56 on ebay in the UK, will these not work as most of the ones I have seen people link cost way more like £90+ and I am wondering if I am missing something. Here is one on Ebay uk

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have a Carlinkit 2.0 and it works great.
The learning curve was that I had to

1. plug it into the left USB port in the Essence version, as the other USB ports don't work as they are power only.
  2. use a really good quality cable if you are using an extension
  3. disable your head unit Bluetooth setting on your phone, as the Carlinkit uses its own Bluetooth to sign into your phone and then communicates with your phone through the Carlinkit Wifi connection.
  4. Hence you also need wifi enabled on your phone and connected to the Carlinkit wifi.
  5. Do not update the firmware to the latest June 2022 version as this version is unstable for the V2.0.
  6. It will not work if your phone is in Flight mode.

The version 2.0 is rarely seen on eBay these days as it has been superseded by the 3.0.
From what I read on various forums, the 2.0 is more reliable than the 3.0, but many are very satisfied with the 3.0.

The version 4.0 adds android auto and another layer of complexity hence expect more bugs.

I have a Carlinkit 2.0 and it works great.
The learning curve was that I had to

1. plug it into the left USB port in the Essence version, as the other USB ports don't work as they are power only.
  2. use a really good quality cable if you are using an extension
  3. disable your head unit Bluetooth setting on your phone, as the Carlinkit uses its own Bluetooth to sign into your phone and then communicates with your phone through the Carlinkit Wifi connection.
  4. Hence you also need wifi enabled on your phone and connected to the Carlinkit wifi.
  5. Do not update the firmware to the latest June 2022 version as this version is unstable for the V2.0.
  6. It will not work if your phone is in Flight mode.

The version 2.0 is rarely seen on eBay these days as it has been superseded by the 3.0.
From what I read on various forums, the 2.0 is more reliable than the 3.0, but many are very satisfied with the 3.0.

The version 4.0 adds android auto and another layer of complexity hence expect more bugs.
Thanks for clarifying, I use android so seems V2.0 will not work for me, I ll explore the v3.0 option also.

Have you deleted your Bluetooth connection between the phone and car? With the Carlinkit you can’t have BT connection both direct car and also to the Carlinkit.
Yes, have deleted it from both the car and the phone. But I believe I saw somewhere that you shouldn’t have any other connection on your phone.

I have been using an Ottocast unit from Amazon at £109. It works well on my MG5 for my iPhone.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom