X Power alloy wheel blemishes

CooperS

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
I thought I would mention, that while cleaning all four alloys I noticed blemishes in the lacquer/base black. All four alloys had similar faults which were uneven to the touch and some looked like runs. Whether they will deteriorate who knows? The base black on the inside flat part of the rim was very thin in places. Something to keep in mind for everyone, see attached.

Attachments

• IMG_1057.jpeg
    IMG_1057.jpeg
    470.8 KB · Views: 78
Yeah, best keep them well protected with sealants at regular intervals. Common faults with similar Golf polished alloy wheels was something they named "the dreaded white worm" where moisture got in under the laccqer and then ran down the polished alloy sections.

Not spotted anything too bad on mine touch wood 🤞

Attachments

• Extreme WW.jpg
    Extreme WW.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 68
I thought I would mention, that while cleaning all four alloys I noticed blemishes in the lacquer/base black. All four alloys had similar faults which were uneven to the touch and some looked like runs. Whether they will deteriorate who knows? The base black on the inside flat part of the rim was very thin in places. Something to keep in mind for everyone, see attached.
I've had mine off, polished them inside and out and didn't notice any issues at all.
But that's not to be relied upon.
I only noticed the external air sensor after 4 months of ownership!!
Looks like someone has tried to touch up some damage m8?
Unlikely I know, but I will be giving mine a thorough once over next time I wash it.

Yeah, best keep them well protected with sealants at regular intervals. Common faults with similar Golf polished alloy wheels was something they named "the dreaded white worm" where moisture got in under the laccqer and then ran down the polished alloy sections.

Not spotted anything too bad on mine touch wood 🤞
Unfortunately that's probably inevitable sealing them will help. Happened on my Merc, so just got them Powder Coated bright Silver. 👍

This reminds me of when a car transporter/tower strap the car down trough the wheel and scuffs it up

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom