X POWER EXPERIENCE.

KMC

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
I picked my Arctic white X Power up on December 2nd. Since then I've single handedly kept the Chinese economy afloat by spending my pocket money on Ali express & Temu buying add ons each month as well as sticking “must haves” like mobile phone holder/mudguards/ambient lighting on my Wife's Trophy LR 🤪. As you all know having suffered my posts I started by protecting both cars paintwork & making them gleam 💎.
My car now has 1400 miles on it & here's the point (finally lol) I still feel very lucky when I drive it !
I really enjoy driving it every time & really appreciate it. I've had more than my share of brand new performance cars but due to the “Wife & 2 kids years” settled into budget reliable economy boredom like most of us have to. It may be a midlife crisis although @ 56 with my previous I doubt it.
Maybe it’s because it is economical to run yet has all the optional extras too?
The other day I had to run an errand involving the A6 & was enjoying the drive practising using regen braking to carry smooth corner speed & power out.
On the way back a young pup in a burbling Frankenstein 💩box was terrorising motorists in front, I waited for a safe opportunity 😈 and passed him so fast that I'm sure I bubbled his paint 🤣😂 , I reckon he's still thinking “WTF was that!"
Yes we've all moaned & had niggles but come on!
What a car ! I Love mine despite mostly pottering about lawfully, it is quiet, comfortable, economical, well equipped, & can still thrill you now & again.
K.M.C

IMG_7692.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
This morning I was being followed closely by a guy on a powerful looking motorbike, we were both doing 60 then had to slow for a 40 stretch. He was then weaving behind me being an *** so I thought I will show you. When we reached the next section of 60, I was ready and then floored it! Bye bye motorbike 😂

I overtook a "dodderer" in a country lane near me last week and I powered by soo quickly they quite literally were left spinning round in the road, just like in the cartoons!!!

Alright, Alright!!

In my mind they are spinning around just like in the cartoons!!!🤣🤣🤣

If you haven't experienced a Sport Mode Full Bore, 80%+ Charge overtake in your X Power, you simply must try harder.

It still takes me by surprise, just how fast it is.

Don't get me wrong, even as the battery depletes, this car is still very, very quick, but always feels fastest to me, right after I've charged it up.

Last edited:
I overtook a "dodderer" in a country lane near me last week and I powered by soo quickly they quite literally were left spinning round in the road, just like in the cartoons!!!

Alright, Alright!!

In my mind they are spinning around just like in the cartoons!!!🤣🤣🤣

If you haven't experienced a Sport Mode Full Bore, 80%+ Charge overtake in your X Power, you simply must try harder.

It still takes me by surprise, just how fast it is.

Don't get me wrong, even as the battery depletes, this car is still very, very quick, but always feels fastest to me, right after I've charged it up.
As I zoomed along last week
In the beautiful countryside
I must’ve been nudging on forty
Enjoying my zoomy ride
When scarily out of nowhere
A green maniacal grin
Flew by generating such wind
It put my whole life in a spin
I’ve only begun to recover
From doddering joy it would seem
It was only a Welsh apparition
The whole bloody thing was a dream

Off out I did pop to McDonald's,
On my way I did pass a slow car.

With a deft little flick of my right foot,
You'd have thought I was destined for Mars!

The speed that's deployed is amazing,
The force that's released quite insane!

How quick you can drop other traffic,
They must think you're a low flying plane!

The joy this does give is immeasurable,
And to quantify that,
Let me try...

To be out on the road and invincible?

Then this is the car you must buy. 🤣

The guy or lady on the motorbike, cannot have known I was driving an X POWER. They were clearly going faster than 60 when they caught up to me. So I can only imagine their reaction to a white normal looking hatchback leaving them way behind 😂

I've never had a white car, always preferred black ones but that does look nice.

I've been clicking through the various colours on the MG site, the white one on their site looks a bit lacklustre but after seeing a photo of yours, I've made up my mind - white it is.

When I get it, hopefully in the next few months, depending on circumstances completely out of my control, I'll spray the calliper covers red, plasti-dip the highlights along the bottom in white and probably plasti-dip the chrome badges in black - I really dislike chrome badges!

Well, that's the plan. But like all good plans, things are liable to change...

This morning I was being followed closely by a guy on a powerful looking motorbike, we were both doing 60 then had to slow for a 40 stretch. He was then weaving behind me being an *** so I thought I will show you. When we reached the next section of 60, I was ready and then floored it! Bye bye motorbike 😂
I was referring to this comment. Yes, I do have bikes also, had a ZZR1400, ZX12R, R1, 1290 Super adventure.....

I was referring to this comment. Yes, I do have bikes also, had a ZZR1400, ZX12R, R1, 1290 Super adventure.....

I know m8🤣

Not having a go I promise! 😘

We all? know a 'fast' bikes power to weight could easily leave behind an X Power in a Roll On.

But in the twistys?
Dream scenario... really early in the morning (or late evening) no traffic, nice and dry, no speed limits, committed pilots???

The bike would clear off no question.

But in the wet.....

You're a biker, you know about your front tyre slipping mid corner or being unsettled by a drain cover etc.

Slows me down I can tell you!

Only takes that one little reality check to remind you of the tiny tyre contact patch keeping you out of the armco or tree lined limb loser.

I've had my Xpower about 2 weeks now, it seems quite quick but there does not seem to be a huge difference between normal and sport mode. Certainly not 200+ BHP difference. I guess I could time some 0-60's to get some stats but I'm a bit underwhelmed so far. Does this sound right, or is there another switch in the software I should be setting ?

I've had my Xpower about 2 weeks now, it seems quite quick but there does not seem to be a huge difference between normal and sport mode. Certainly not 200+ BHP difference. I guess I could time some 0-60's to get some stats but I'm a bit underwhelmed so far. Does this sound right, or is there another switch in the software I should be setting ?
"Quite Quick" 😂🤣

There isn't.

All that happens in Normal Mode is that when you floor it, the front motor comes into play a split second later.
You can feel it.

In Sport Mode the front motor is on and ready to join in the fun.
Your steering feel also stiffens up a bit.

You say you're underwhelmed???

What on earth have you come away from?

F1 Car?

Typhoon Fighter Jet?

1299 Panigale?

Strap On Cruise Missile?

(No strap on jokes @Iankey)🤣

I've owned some very fast cars and bikes and the X Power is right up there for sheer accelerative force.

The only time it doesn't feel quite as it should is when your dropping right down the battery percentage level.

Last edited:
As above, the modes only alter the throttle response and steering weighting AFAIK. The power output ultimately remains the same, you just need to press the accelerator further down if not in Sport mode 😊

There isn't.

All that happens in Normal Mode is that when you floor it, the front motor comes into play a split second later.
You can feel it.

In Sport Mode the front motor is on and ready to join in the fun.
Your steering feel also stiffens up a bit.

You say you're underwhelmed???

What on earth have you come away from?

F1 Car?

Typhoon Fighter Jet?

1299 Panigale?

Strap On Cruise Missile?

(No strap on jokes @Iankey)🤣

I've owned some very fast cars and bikes and the X Power is right up there for sheer accelerative force.

The only time it doesn't feel quite as it should is when your dropping right down the battery percentage level.
Another one waiting for the XXXPower with 868 BHP?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom