X Power in the Wild.

Bricktop X PWR

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
I hope this will resonate with ALL my X Power, and Ex ICE performance car driving brothers and sisters, especially if you have been driving 'them' for a long time as I have.

As some of you know Ive been away this last week and was making 'more' of an effort at the front end of the week to be efficient.

I found that whilst driving courteously and strictly within the rules, the amount of liberties taken 'with me and the car' out on the road was laughable.

Twonks up my chuff, cutting in front, undertaking, overtaking (and not just in a 20 🤣) etc, etc.

If you really want to wind me up, on a motorway, just pull in front of me the millisecond you overtake.

Boils my urea quicker than almost any other sort of selfish action out on the highway.......

Apart from when that same action is taken in the rain......🤬

I never go back across a vehicle I have overtaken until as a minimum, I can see them in my rear view mirror.

And much further than that if it's raining.

I am well aware that this is not an X Power issue or indeed an any particular vehicle issue.

When I go out into the real world 99.9% of the time, I play by the rules, I stick to the speed limits, I am courteous and charming (No really)

And yet it doesn't seem to matter what time of the day it is, where in the country you are, where your going or what you are doing, there just always seems to be that someone "special" out there who is intent on doing something illegal, rude, or dangerous to brighten up your day.

I get it, it might very well just be me.

Perhaps I'm just too sensitive and attentive to my world, and what's going on around me.

But I would hope that being attentive would be the absolute minimum of requirements when you are driving right?

As a bare minimum, to concentrate on the business of safely driving yourself and your passengers to your destination without inconveniencing or delaying anybody else out on the Kings Highway?

I know this is not a new problem and something that is surely only going to continue to get worse, along with our roads our country and society as a whole.

It's just the world we live in.

Another Cheery Sunday Morning Message From Bricktop.
Your Welcome. 🤣

P.S. You do not have to own an X Power to contribute to this thread.

I hope this will resonate with ALL my X Power, and Ex ICE performance car driving brothers and sisters, especially if you have been driving 'them' for a long time as I have.

As some of you know Ive been away this last week and was making 'more' of an effort at the front end of the week to be efficient.

I found that whilst driving courteously and strictly within the rules, the amount of liberties taken 'with me and the car' out on the road was laughable.

Twonks up my chuff, cutting in front, undertaking, overtaking (and not just in a 20 🤣) etc, etc.

If you really want to wind me up, on a motorway, just pull in front of me the millisecond you overtake.

Boils my urea quicker than almost any other sort of selfish action out on the highway.......

I never go back across a vehicle I have overtaken until as a minimum, I can see them in my rear view mirror.

I am well aware that this is not an X Power issue or indeed an any particular vehicle issue.

When I go out into the real world 99.9% of the time, I play by the rules, I stick to the speed limits, I am courteous and charming (No really)

And yet it doesn't seem to matter what time of the day it is, where in the country you are, where your going or what you are doing, there just always seems to be that someone "special" out there who is intent on doing something illegal, rude, or dangerous to brighten up your day.

Perhaps I'm just too sensitive and attentive to my world, and what's going on around me.

But I would hope that being attentive would be the absolute minimum of requirements when you are driving right?

As a bare minimum, to concentrate on the business of safely driving yourself and your passengers to your destination without inconveniencing or delaying anybody else out on the Kings Highway?

I know this is not a new problem and something that is surely only going to continue to get worse, along with our roads our country and society as a whole.

Your Welcome. 🤣

Very well written & 100% accurate.
Driving standards out there are shocking!

Personally I blame David Cameron for rendering Police road traffic units extinct by decimating Police numbers.

I often wonder “who awarded these retards a license “ ?

As for “todays society in general “ decency & respect for others is long out of fashion.

Over my car owning life there have been certain makes and models that attract certain behaviours form other road users.

Some cars must have an invisible cut me up sticker on them ,whilst others seem to engender of course I will let you out/in.

I find if you leave the standard ACC gap on motorways folk will always cut into it forcing your car to slow to get back to the gap it was set for.

In the first couple of months of owning the XPower it did tend to attract bad behaviour from other drivers, like bright orange is somehow an invisible colour.

I have also had to educate those who like to study the rear end of the car in close detail whilst on a motorway that 9 times out of 10 whatever they are driving will not out accelerate the XPower. Hopefully this makes them more respectful of all MG4's when they encounter them.

Have to say the most chilled driving experience was in the colder weather when I had to save some battery by travelling between 60 and 65mph in the inside lane on a motorway. Nice and easy most of the time with enough power to blast past lorries as required.

What a disappointing thread, I was expecting to see an X Power in the wild……..

I can do Strumbell Head Lighthouse for you M8...? ?🤣🤣🤣

20231115_174818.jpg

Over my car owning life there have been certain makes and models that attract certain behaviours form other road users.

Some cars must have an invisible cut me up sticker on them ,whilst others seem to engender of course I will let you out/in.

I find if you leave the standard ACC gap on motorways folk will always cut into it forcing your car to slow to get back to the gap it was set for.

In the first couple of months of owning the XPower it did tend to attract bad behaviour from other drivers, like bright orange is somehow an invisible colour.

I have also had to educate those who like to study the rear end of the car in close detail whilst on a motorway that 9 times out of 10 whatever they are driving will not out accelerate the XPower. Hopefully this makes them more respectful of all MG4's when they encounter them.

Have to say the most chilled driving experience was in the colder weather when I had to save some battery by travelling between 60 and 65mph in the inside lane on a motorway. Nice and easy most of the time with enough power to blast past lorries as required.
You are NOT alone buddy. And we all know the car brands you refer too. Once your mind stops asking “is it me” & your conclusion is that driving amongst todays “drivers” is dangerous you settle into a driving style of “Trust no Fckr”. There are far better drivers than me out there, 40 years in I am still learning & thoroughly love it.

Still dont see a feckin lighthouse! 😂🤣😂

Totally agree about the poor (read dangerous) driving. All I can add is, try it on a motorbike... especially in the rain.

I do.
And I have.
And you're right!

A Ron Haslam Track Day was minus other road users and much, much, safer!

chris wet.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Your Welcome. 🤣

Very true, unfortunately. Treat others as you would like to be treated no longer applies. Sounds very old fashioned now (might be my age) but I was taught to drive defensively - always assume the other driver hasn't seen you and have your escape route planned - takes concentration but that's a good thing as it leaves no capacity to use your phone for texts, etc. Now it's even more necessary - have you experienced the emergency braking activating where you weren't expected it? - now put yourself just in front of the car you've overtaken and you will collect an uninvited rear seat passenger - your approach is so right, leave a good three to four car lengths before pulling in (unless some idiot is up your chuff of course...).

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom