XPower 0-60 times in non-Sports modes

I'm pretty sure if you floor it in Normal mode you get the full power from both motors. I guess there will be a few milliseconds while it works out it needs to engage the front motor for full power and traction.

If you back off it will then go back to the RWD motor only.

You can setup one of the shortcut toggles on the steering wheel to change the drive modes in an instance as you are driving, without having to mess around with the infotainment screen.

In Sport mode I'm pretty sure the front motor is permanently engaged - and I would recommend this setting if pressing on in the the wet !

It makes no difference which mode you're in if you floor the pedal.
Typical pedal map in the three modes:
Pedal map.png

Sorry for not considering all the detail and if this is a stupid question, but is there a simple way to drive the Xpower so that it in effect functions as a 0-60 in 5s car? As opposed, that is, to driving at on Sport but gingerly. Just wondering whether one can ringfence the insanity without trying.

Sorry for not considering all the detail and if this is a stupid question, but is there a simple way to drive the Xpower so that it in effect functions as a 0-60 in 5s car? As opposed, that is, to driving at on Sport but gingerly. Just wondering whether one can ringfence the insanity without trying.
When I test drove before ordering I didn't find this an issue - all you need is under your right foot. As I've mentioned before the XPower is the most polite 'performance car' I've ever driven, it isn't lairy (or what I consider so compared to ICE cars I've driven/owned with this amount of power) at all. I wouldn't give one to anyone under 21 who isn't used to quicker cars, but I reckon it's a nice enough gateway drug to quicker stuff.

Just don't press your right foot down so hard - which is the same as the M140i I had really. Except in an electric car you have more control and speed doesn't really creep in different gears, because there aren't any. Plus it's not like flooring drops a few gears, multiplying your torque and then potentially causing your tyres to slip.

Last edited:
It makes no difference which mode you're in if you floor the pedal.
Typical pedal map in the three modes:
View attachment 20814
If you literally floor it, perhaps, but otherwise that chart suggests there would indeed be a difference in acceleration per degree of pedal press, depending on which driving mode you’re in.

If you literally floor it, perhaps, but otherwise that chart suggests there would indeed be a difference in acceleration per degree of pedal press, depending on which driving mode you’re in.
How are you going to get a quick 0-60 time if you don't floor it ?

I'm sure on the car wow video, mg4 vs bmw m2, the first run is in normal mode.
It just loses out on the 1/4 Mike to the m2.
Put into sports and it beats the m2 twice, so there is a slight difference

I'm not talking about flooring it. I'm asking whether the car can be driven so that it mimics a car with less (peak) acceleration. The answer is clearly yes if the chart above or one like it applies to the Xpower. Force is proportional to acceleration so if half a pedal press produces less force - see the chart - then there's your answer.

I actually think EV manufacturers should make more of this.

I'm not talking about flooring it. I'm asking whether the car can be driven so that it mimics a car with less (peak) acceleration. The answer is clearly yes if the chart above or one like it applies to the Xpower. Force is proportional to acceleration so if half a pedal press produces less force - see the chart - then there's your answer.

I actually think EV manufacturers should make more of this.
Sorry I thought you were asking which mode gives you the most power, hence my answer was all of them if you floor it.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom