XPower and iSmart App

Taldree

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
Has any one owning an XPower have any experience on how to connect the iSmart app?
Does the app even work with the XPower?
Finally found how to do it, extremely obscure.
Also, for any newbies, don't use symbols like $ or #, etc for your password, the the car won't take/enter them.

Last edited:
Works fine on mine ... there's plenty of Youtube videos on how to connect if you search on Youtube or in previous threads on here. If you want me to post them all again here I will but they are out there 👍. You do need a reasoanable mobile phone connection I think, so best try where there is good mobile reception.

Yup, no problem connecting. Make sure the car is in a location where there is a good mobile phone signal and just follow any of the YouTube guides ("Jerry Pan and Cars" has a comprehensive tutorial)

Yes, I know the iSMART app works with other models of MG4 EVs, but I cannot find the QR Code in the XPower menu to pair with. If anyone can help with a link on where to find the linking QR Code on and XPower I would be much obliged.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I know the iSMART app works with other models of MG4 EVs, but I cannot find the QR Code in the XPower menu to pair with. If anyone can help with a link on where to find the linking QR Code on and XPower I would be much obliged.

Hello, I would have made you a quick video, can't they be uploaded here?

In the main menu, swipe the display to the left and then click on the User button.

Has any one owning an XPower have any experience on how to connect the iSmart app?
Does the app even work with the XPower?
Finally found how to do it, extremely obscure.
Also, for any newbies, don't use symbols like $ or #, etc for your password, the the car won't take/enter them.
Working great on mine. Update released yesterday.

Works on my XPower but I did have problems in the beginning. I reset the Xpowers software and it worked, you've already been advised to swipe the screen to the left and press "user" for the QR code. The App is however a little hit and miss and sometimes doesn't want to work but the App upgrade today (27/01/2024) appears to improve the connection.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom