Xpower insurance uk

dfstrottersfan

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Anyone know of cheap insurance in the UK for the xpower MG4 ? I've got 10 plus years NCB

Present insurers say £950 😞😞😞

I'm 77 years old

Last edited by a moderator:
It's kind of put me off upgrading to the Xpower for now, I think I'm going to hold fire until the insurance is a little more affordable.

AVIVA for me too. Luckily I was already with them. £720 per year but that’s AVIVA Plus with a lot of extras included, so I’m reasonably happy.

Seems they have specific EV insurance to include wall chargers and cables 🙂

I like this too :-

[Quote from Aviva website]

“Out of charge recovery

If your electric vehicle runs out of charge, an RAC mechanic will come out and either charge your battery to get you to a working charging point, or transport you, your vehicle and your passengers to a working charging point or your home. Whichever is closer.”

Last edited:
I tried this for a change and the quote for me was over £200 more than CTM, which in turn is only a few pounds more than it was a few weeks ago. However I will be checking again around the 21 day range to see what it is then.

Update - just requoted on MSE, I had chosen wrong type of lease company as owner etc. Brings quote way down to a few pounds more than CTM. So lease drivers make sure your choosing the correct option.

AVIVA for me too. Luckily I was already with them. £720 per year but that’s AVIVA Plus with a lot of extras included, so I’m reasonably happy.

Seems they have specific EV insurance to include wall chargers and cables 🙂

I like this too :-

[Quote from Aviva website]

“Out of charge recovery

If your electric vehicle runs out of charge, an RAC mechanic will come out and either charge your battery to get you to a working charging point, or transport you, your vehicle and your passengers to a working charging point or your home. Whichever is closer.”
Thanks

Just got this quote for a brand new, X Power, thought it was very good. 🙂👍
20231126_103521.jpg

Staying with my current insurer NFU charging me an additional £81 for the 3 months remaining on policy. Will see what full renewal quote is in March.

Just got this quote for a brand new, X Power, thought it was very good. 🙂👍
View attachment 21837

That's who I was "forced" to go with on collection day.
Seems like a good firm, but hope I'll never need to find out! (£503)

Staying with my current insurer NFU charging me an additional £81 for the 3 months remaining on policy. Will see what full renewal quote is in March.
I hope you'll be sitting down!

My Audi Etron cost less last year than the MG, but I imagine that would have been more if I had of renewed it 🤔

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom