XPower Rally Driver Review

Not sure if we've had this posted before, but here it is. He likes it and says it is definitely a proper Hot Hatch.

It has, quite a while back.
I think it's in the X Power as a Hot Hatch thread.
It is a good review from someone who knows what he's talking about.

Not always the case with a lot of the Muppets on YouTube!

Last edited:
It has, quite a while back.
I think it's the X Power as a Hot Hatch thread.
It is a good review from someone who knows what he's talking about.

Not always the case with a lot of the Muppets on YouTube!
Agreed. Most of them cannot even drive properly.
No wonder they all whine about “vague steering, darent throw it into a corner “ truth is they couldn’t throw a micra @ a roundabout! Lol

Not too bad a review to be fair, and a more balanced view without all the usual waffle.
Not quite done all his homework though. (as usual)

This is also a man who would prefer the "normal" RWD car, and why not?

It is indeed a fine vehicle, and is easily as much fun to throw around and quite fast enough for most folk.

The X Power is for those of us who want that X tra shot of adrenalin and the ability to cover ground in 4WD, safe within the knowledge that the performance requested will be the performance delivered.

Might just be me! 👍🤣

Until you have experienced it personally, you really won't get it.

A reasonable review from someone who doesn’t appear to be a “petrolhead” type from what I’ve watched over the last year of his videos. He’s more into lease deals and car news mainly.
He did an informative video on why car insurance premiums went absurdly high.

Not too bad a review to be fair, and a more balanced view without all the usual waffle.
Not quite done all his homework though. (as usual)

This is also a man who would prefer the "normal" RWD car, and why not?

It is indeed a fine vehicle, and is easily as much fun to throw around and quite fast enough for most folk.

The X Power is for those of us who want that X tra shot of adrenalin and the ability to cover ground in 4WD, safe within the knowledge that the performance requested will be the performance delivered.

Might just be me! 👍🤣

Until you have experienced it personally, you really won't get it.
Spot on. I considered the trophy extended range but my Wife has the long range, so I thought 4wd & all the toys would make me happier than an extra 50 or so miles range.

A new review, just came out today:

Pretty good review, ok he bangs on about scratchy plastic, the seats etc, etc. But he does get what this car is all about, Mega performance, plenty good enough handling and Fun! For quite frankly an unbelievable price. Oh, and one last thing what bl00dy annoys me and what probably 9 out of 10 reviewers get wrong is, the Caliper covers are METAL!! not bl00dy plastic! 🙄🙂👍

Last edited:
Maybe the common comments about hard plastics in the cabin get addressed in the second half of this year when the interior of the MG4 is scheduled for an upgrade.

Maybe the common comments about hard plastics in the cabin get addressed in the second half of this year when the interior of the MG4 is scheduled for an upgrade.
Hopefully they offer a light coloured interior and a panoramic roof (y)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom