XPower Rear Discs - Outer edges slightly scored anyone ?

JonnyG

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
I've noticed both my rear discs have minor scores on them towards the outer edge. You can feel them with your finger nail.

Has anyone else noticed this ? ... is it a dealer visit required😒

IMG_3176.JPG
IMG_3174.JPG

In comparison the front discs look fine and feel smooth.

Front Discs.jpg

I've noticed both my rear discs have minor scores on them towards the outer edge. You can feel them with your finger nail.

Has anyone else noticed this ? ... is it a dealer visit required😒

View attachment 23940View attachment 23941

In comparison the front discs look fine and feel smooth.

View attachment 23942
How many miles have you covered m8?

The reason I ask is that I'm up near 5k and my rears are just like your fronts (as are my fronts)

When I'm doing my weekly brake test I really hit them very hard, hence my rears being as clean as my fronts.

So might be mileage or you might need to really throw the anchor out! 🤣

Last edited:
Thanks I’ve done around 2750 miles now. I noticed a bit of rustiness so gave it some hard braking before taking the photos. I’ll try some more hard braking 🤣 and see how they look.

This is a typical sight on my car. Been very much snow and ice here so the hard braking does not have that big effect as it would on the friction in the summer. This is because the braking force is too low in the back, regardless of the front/back braking bias, when lightly pressing the brake pedal. Then the pads will grab the inside of the disc, but more pressure is needed to make the pads move on the half-rusty/cruddy pins on the outside, to meet the rotor surface fully/linear. My rust will probably clear once real hard braking can be done. If the discs look like this, and no real hard braking is done over the summer, then the discs will probably be shot for good.

Attachments

• 20240226_124811.jpg
    20240226_124811.jpg
    433.9 KB · Views: 43
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom